Sunday, October 23, 2011

a ball full of rawhide helps the medicine go down


With the weather cool enough so that he go rideys with us on errands, tiny chumley floated high on cloud nine yesterday,  watching from us his car snoozer while we ate lunch seated by the restaurant window so we could watch him, then going to the park for his lunch,  and walkies afterward where we serendipitiously met up with friends we haven't seen in forever.

ooo mom n dad, dat was fun.  where to next??, mister happy go lucky queried when we got back to the car.   Why the fabric store of course, so you and your dad can bake in the sun while I look for some things I need to make duds and elmer fudds. oooh yippee skippee - bakey bakey time with dad!


Shopping mission accomplished, poppin fresh came home still afloat on on his happy cloud, radiating heat from his sausagey body like a meatloaf fresh from the oven.


and what r we doing now mom? he asked with his tail held proud and high.  Well baby dog, I'm sorry but....

I pulled out my dust mask and dremel.   Which for those who do not speak little kielbasa,  readily translates into,  it is time to do your nails. 

nooooOOOooooOoooooOOooooooooooo....  The happy air that had kept Baxter aloft all day whooshed out from beneath him as his dad picked him up and and we all assumed our pawdicure positions.

But don't worry baby dog. Remember you haven't had your nails done in three weeks and that means you haven't had rawhide for three weeks either and that means u get rawhide today!

oh right...woooty pa-tooty! let's get this done, shall we? :) :)

4 comments:

HH and The Boys said...

We're not fond of pawdicure day over here either. There's a lot of howling goin' on when HH brings out the clippers. At least she doesn't use a dremel and dust mask.... That would really scare us. But,,, you got your treat right. It's all worth it.

pawhugs, Max

kalyxcorn said...

wow max, kitties get their nails done too??? mom said my nails were so long and i said, the better to dig with! though i am not sure if i like a bath any better than a pawdicure. :)

Jasper + Amy said...

Oh B, today is my bath & pawdicure day too & I'm not very happy about it. And tomorrow I go to see my new Dr for the first time, it's just a "hi, I'm your new cool doxie patient" visit, but I'm gonna wear my new bow tie harness to impress them, do you think it'll work??

A MilShelb Mom said...

Wow! Your nails are lookin' good. Our nails are always way too long, but we do the squirmy wormy when we get ours done and Mom hates that!
~Milly and Shelby