Tuesday, October 18, 2011

dapper doxie duds: olive the buzzy bee



Hooray, today a peekypoo at a cheery little dud I just finished for sweet mini Olive, who regularly checks in on the bees that her mom keeps.  So what's more fitting than a bee inspired dud? One that's made from dyed cashmere and plaid woolen and bound in black sateen and embellished with measuring tape ribbon and a little bee charm.  And a felted ball antennae cap for the days when she's feeling extra buzzy.

 whooo, mom, antennae! bzzzzz. bzzzz. when i am done helping u model olive's dud, can we start making something for me? i have lots and lots of ideas! bzzzzzz.

not yet baby dog, but soon my little friend!

bzzzzzzzzippeeee! :)










8 comments:

Keren Hening said...

One bumblebee asks another: "Why are you wearing a yarmulke on your head?"

The other answers: "Well, I don't want anyone to think I'm a wasp."

"Iz dat suppozed to 'bee' funny, Auntie Keren?" (Snort, snort, snarf, tee-hee-hee.)

"You are such a Q-T-π, Guinness." (Hardy-har-har-har!)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! This is about the cutest thing I have ever seen!
Linda B, Kirby's mom

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee miss keren, that is funny! and mom says the pattern she made for her antenna hat will be verrry useful for everything including yarmulkes!! good thing too cuz my woof mitzvah is like in a couple of months too!

thank u miss linda! mom says she has a few fabrics now that she really took a look at the one u loved and will hope to take pictures and such this week or next :)

HH and The Boys said...

That dud is terrific.... I think I want a dud too.

pawhugs, Max

pugfish said...

Your work is brillant! Just a beautiful piece of art!
Oskie's mom

Jasper + Amy said...

Oh Baxter, another wonderful creation from your mom. And of course, beautifully modeled by you:) I'm sure you earned extra snackies for this job!!

firstyouleap said...

This is terrific! I love the way you used the measuring tape--now the FB comment on needing to make 'yellow felted balls' makes much more sense;-)

Melinda and Teagan

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee thank u max n oskie's mom n jasper! i even got the snackie u sent me jasper so u know i worked extra hard 4 it!! :) :)

thank u miss melinda n teagan! me did not see the yellow felted balls comment anywhere butchoo know, olive is a girl and i learned in school that girls do not wear felted balls the samy way boys do! :)