Wednesday, November 16, 2011

fetcher in the high

Yesterday morning was one of those mornings where the little kielbasa woke up and knew something interesting was going to happen.  I knew because rather than sticking by his heater friend, george, which he always does on cool mornings so as to maintain his desired body temp of baked potato,  he followed me, making my journeys about the house mildy perilous as I moved piles of fabric and sweaters in a halfhearted attempt to tidy up the messes I made the day before.  Risking the fact that I might stumble over him, so that he didn't miss out on the exact moment when something interesting happened.

Baby dog, whatchoo want?, I asked to his cocked little head after I finished and settled down to do some work on the internet.  I could tell that my noisy little whine generator was bored. 

I stared into his bright brown eyes, and then focused on the very light frosting of gray hairs on his chinny chin chin.   No, I sighed, you're not getting any younger, are you?.. I suppose you're right, something interesting really should happen today, shouldn't it, little friend?    Which is how I ended up raking in the backyard, shaping leaves into chumley high piles and sprinkling kibble in them.  And how the little kielbasa ended up spending his afternoon, happily rooting around like a piglet in search of truffles.   :)


11 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow, what a great idea for the leaf piles!

Jessica @ YouDidWhatWithYourWeiner said...

We don't have leaves in our yard but that is a great idea. I do that with a pile of blankets sometimes :) Love the photo!

Dachshund Nola said...

Great picture and I'll have my mommy try the treats in the pile trick with me!
Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

Jasper + Amy said...

What a ween-derful idea!! I agree w/ Jessica, since we don't have a yard of our own, I'll try that little kibble trick with some blankies... we have PLENTY of those:)

Anonymous said...

oooh, what fun! i hope that the little sprinkling of white whiskers doesn't mean that Baxter's modeling days are over! i am sure they only make him more distinguished...getting better with age. the george clooney of doxies.

Linda,
Kirby's mom

docsdox said...

HEE! i have to whisper in dad's ear tonight while he's sleeping, 'cuz he needs to rake our yard. than i can romp around in the piles he makes! thanks for the idea!!!! BOL!

-ramsay

SassySashadoxie said...

You get kibble in your leaves! Mommy says kibble doesn't grow on trees all the time. Maybe, that is cause they are all on the ground in the leaves. Must go off and sniff if there is kibble in my leaves. Sasha.

Keren Hening said...

Ya know . . . I'm jes' sayin' iz all . . . certain hoomans shouldn't use the word "pig" when certain tushies are up in da air . . .

Whit said...

Ooh sounds like so much fun! Makes me wish I had trees around my house so I could have leaf piles to toss kibble in for Milo!

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee sorry i am so late in responding. me n duk duk had to do a wii-off yesterday on account of him not wanting to make good on his promise to lick my butt if i make a poopie snake longer than chocobot is tall. anyhoo i hope everybuddy got a nice sprinkling of kibble treasure no matter if it was in a leaf or blankie pile or just plain on the floor cuz it is always fun fun fun to hoover up da snackies! and my mom says it might be a good idea to make sure it is a fresh pile of leaves cuz u never know about the snakey snakeys!! :o

Doxie Rod said...

this picture is hilarious! don't get lost in there :)