Friday, February 17, 2012

kraken-hund


 

 
Rain pitter pattered gently on the windowpanes while tiny chumley sat on his tuffet and glumly looked out on the gray and gloomy day that was yesterday.  

"Poor little pumpkin," I told him as I unglued myself from my morning's online search for ribbon and assorted sundries for dud orders. "You look like u could use a chinny skritch."

Baby dog had been pretty quiet that morning.  With everyone staying dry and warm inside their homes, there was nothing to bark at on such a wet and dreary day.  Though the seas were raging mightily, there was nothing to awaken the fury of my little kraken-hund.

Which is maybe why when I settled beside him and started skritching his chinny chin chin, out came a suprising and tremendous eeeeeeeyawing yawn.  A plea to the gods, I guessed, for something kraken-hund worthy this way come.  Because even the tiniest of kraken-hunds need something to release their fury upon, especially on boring wet and rainy days. :)

9 comments:

Jeanne said...

Poe will do the most enormous yawn if we scratch her in just the right chinny spot. It's even funnier if we keep doing it over and over for fun, because then she yawns and grumbles at the same time!

Bludog said...

Did dukduk5 get a good tossing from the kraken-hund?

Lovable Lily said...

My, what white teef you have! That sure was a BIG yawn B! Hope the weather clears up for you so you can get to your barkin' and such.

Hugs for a sun-shiney day,
Lily Belle

Anonymous said...

Be careful Baxter, When I yawn,mom says "ew" and I end up getting a bath!]]Have a good day, your mommy loves your with her skritches!

<3

- Hildy

kalyxcorn said...

aw methinks i know how poe feels miss jeanne! :)

hee hee, hmm, come 2 think of it, no. but he was a littlem uh, tired from when i needed to uh, make my own pekingese when the doxie lost if u know what i mean. :)

thank u lily belle and 2day is a very nice day so the kraken-hund has been very busy protecting the suburban seas! :)

oh hildy shhh! mom just said the other day i was overdue for a bath! :)

Kerri said...

I would be delighted to release the kraken-hund on my upstairs neighbors!

Anonymous said...

Well we think Baxter should release his inner kraken-hund on that judge at Westminster! That "thing" that won ... looked more like a cat (or Cousin It) than a real dog. The doxie was robbed!!

Anonymous said...

Siol here - the boys got on my computer and sent the above message. The things they get into when I'm at work!! Their noses are still out of joint about Westminster (and, as you know, they have LONG noses!). We think it's time that the dachsies of the world unite!

kalyxcorn said...

uh oh miss kerri, r ur neighbors upstairs really lud or sumptin? cuz the kraken-hund might only make things louder. imma justa sayin! :)

hee hee miss siol, me so wished cinders won, but at least they chose something i can easily recreate just by destuffing my toys!! :)