Tuesday, June 19, 2012

tastes like chicken

Little did I know how special tiny chumley's little wet food treat was going to be when I pulled the blue can from the shelf and carelessly opened it up, never bothering to look at the label. I was in a bit of a rush since we had just finished doing his nails and it was time for his rawhide reward, and well, okay, I wanted to see what he would do if given the option of abandoning rawhide prize number one for the possibly more enticing wet food reward on pedestal number two, in our own little makeshift game of Let's Make a Deal.  Which is how, by the way,  I found out my sweet little boy would be a bit of cheat if he ever met up with Monty Hall, opting as he did after some anguished deliberation to abandon his rawhide and gobble up the scoop of tasty prize number two, only to then in a flash, retake prize number one, and skip skip skippy off with it before I could even say anything.

gee thanks mom that was super tasty c u later buh bye back in a bit and may i have some more of that stuff tomorrow?? :) :)

But, my story doesn't just end there.  The blue can did come out again for Monday's lunch, and only then did I wonder why baby dog was going absolutely bonkers over the stuff.  I mean, I know the little kielbasa was hungry and it's been a while since he's had canned food, but still...baby dog's reaction was practically primeval.  My eyes settled upon the text of the can as I took out the second spoonful.  The can that used the same color blue as is on the bag of diet kibble by that same brand which is why i picked it.  The can that  I thought would read "weight management formula - chicken and turkey."  The can that actually read, "95% duck."

Wait wait -  duck?  DUCK??   Oh...duuuuck!

I was slightly embarrassed to find myself reacting as I did, wondering about the moral implications of feeding duck to a dog whose best toyfriend is a duk.  But I was pretty certain that admitting it to anybody but you would would most certainly get me admitted.

mom, it's okay.  we will only eat this one can and not tell duk duk and besides, he eats hot dogs all the time and u do not see me saying anything at all.  we have an understanding.  plus, it tastes a lot like chicken.  :) :)



9 comments:

Lovable Lily said...

You ate duk duk? Oh goodness Baxter what ever shall we all do? Wait, Mommy just told me it wasn't your furend duk duk, but duk duk in a can, whew....

I really like your picture today Baxter. You look might dapper in it. (or maybe it's because I'm Lovable Lily and I'm just smitten with you ~ blush....)

Hugs,
Lily Belle

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee thank u lily belle. although i like to think mom caught me just before the big bad feriocious wolf came out!! :) :)

Long Dog Basil said...

"besides, he eats hot dogs all the time..." hee hee!

oh he is just the cutest.

Bludog said...

Oh duuuuuuuuuuuuck, indeed! However, I'm sure there's a one-winged, quackerless, de-stuffied duk around who wouldn't be surprised at all...

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee hee, hello long dog basil!! :) :)

oh miss bludog, i did not know that some of my friends like poe and oskar eat duck - uh, too (but don't say that too loud), and miss alicia said something that i totally want to make into a tee shirt for duk duk. on the front it will say "a good friend" and on the back, "and delicious too!" hyuk hyuk hyuk hyuk

Lorenza said...

Ooops!
I really really hope duk duk will not know about it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

Oh Baxter. My Mommy feeds me chicken and duck and bison and all kinds of critters. I sure do love it and it's even RAW. Oh my, what a little carnivore given the chance. You look so mahhhvelous. Every picture is so sweet and you are so strong an svelt. Your Momma takes good care of you.


Marene&Penny

Kyley and Ammo the Dachshund said...

haha. That's like the time I was feeding Ammo puppy food for a whole month before I realized I had bought the wrong bag of dry food at the store! I was wondering why his middle was getting a little extra rounder! They make the bag look so much like the adult formula though!

Anonymous said...

Hi Baxter! hehe you look so innocent before indulging in your Duk feast! Can you please let me know what kibble you are on? Your fur is fantastic! Thanks!