Thursday, May 9, 2013

hormigaville


The cool weather we've been having these past few weeks made me wonder why it was that air was blowing rather randomly and intermittently out of our vents downstairs the other day.  Tiny chumley certainly didn't appreciate the cool air blowing on him,  and as he left his window seat and ambled off in hopes that George would be turned on, I wandered over to the thermostat.  Nope,  the thermostat didn't think the AC or the blower needed to be on either. 

Sheesh, I thought to myself,  we just replaced that HVAC last year, too. It's too early in its lifecycle for it to become self aware and require a healthy slice of money pie to stay happy.

I put on my shoes and trekked out to check on the HVAC.  Ugh.  Tiny house ants.   Crawling all over the unit. And trailing into a tiny crevice near the base.  Carrying eggs even.  It was all I could do to wait the six days it ended up being before the right set of people could come to confirm my suspicions, and address the problem properly.  But luckily, that day was yesterday.  We opened the HVAC panel and found them crawling all over the electrical compartment.  Sorry ants.  Please enjoy this tasty bait the nice man left you  (don't worry, Baxter is safe from coming in contact with the stuff).  Or maybe find another home.  Maybe in the yard of  Baxter's stinky basset neighbors.


When crazy stuff like this pops up,  my job starts before the professionals arrive, so I can google long into the night to become as informed as I can be, so I can be sure to ask the right questions and understand what they are doing, and what the future might hold.  But I know tiny chumley feels that his job starts exactly when the professionals arrive. Which explains the perky eared, cute little expectant shadow I found sitting just behind his dad's office door after the guys finished their job.



um, mom?  i know they are out there.  can you please let me out now so i can do my job?? :) :)









3 comments:

Lovable Lily said...

Tis the season for ant's! We're so glad to hear that your Mom was right on top of things before they got much worse.

That's a really cute picture of you this morning Baxter.

Hugs,
Lily Belle & Muffin

Bludog said...

's better than ants in yer pants!

Jane said...

Oh Baxter! I bet you didn't like having to wait behind a closed door knowing someone was messing around the house. What was Mom thinking? I can't stand ants. They seem to make mounds everywhere in the yard and pasture.