Wednesday, May 29, 2013

king of the luckeee

...hee hee, and this little piggy not only dibbed his apple, but he got to nibble at it too :)
- baxter, 6.5 years old, after having proclaimed himself king of the luckeeee


The little kielbasa is looking up at me now as I write this, wondering when it is I'll get off this crazy time sucker thing, and get on with the business of enjoying our time beside a window drenched by the warm rays of the afternoon sun.  It's a look that I seem to be getting more often lately, I now realize.

It's strange, how habit can completely consume our lives.  Habit can be so comforting, yet it can also be a curse, a limiting factor that not only dulls our senses but keeps us from making new and meaningful wrinkles on our brains.  I say all this, because I seem to be in serious need of a mental molting and reboot, and part of that requires me to fall down a few different and very non-dachshund related rabbit holes here on the internet and in real life.  To clear out the cobwebs and reconfigure the space inside my shrinking brain. You might notice for a bit that there might not be as many good mornings and good nitey nites on facebook, there might not be as fast a turnaround on blog comments and replies as I usually try to do, but know that our happy little world is still as happy as it ever is, still busy making, barking, and doing.  And we will always continue to share those happy adventures :)

0 comments: