Wednesday, April 30, 2014

to whom it may concern




Today I had a blog post all planned out and had even started taking pictures for it.  But then I got tied up in a facebook copyright infringement request after learning that someone had used one of Baxter's images in a very disappointing way, to pander for more facebook likes on their page. A situation made more urgent by the numerous times the uncredited post had already been shared.






I've often wished for a variety of solutions to fix this, to prevent all the varying degrees of unauthorized, thoughtless and uncredited copying and posting and reposting of tiny chumley's images.  And mostly, I wish that the folks who bother to make the time to repost other doxie images to the internet could see the value in using the time instead to focus on posting about their own little loyal and loving four legged low rider friends.  Baxter lives here, at this address in the internet world.  His uninterrupted story, the depth of our love for him, and his often silly yet earnest observations on life as shared with his toyfriends - it all here in Kalyxcornucopia world, and will always be here for old friends to visit and new friends to discover, even years after I won't be able to take pictures of him anymore.  I only wish the same could be said for all the little sausagey boys and girls out there whose stories are left untold. :)
 

5 comments:

TheTucsonTrio said...

no solution suggestions, but Baxter is only OUR Baxter when he is in Kalyxcornucopia world - his own little never never land created for us, his friends, to enjoy. We wouldn't have it any other way.

Klaus's Mom said...

I have my own little cuttie pants dachshund, Klaus Steinbeck, whose daily discoveries and views on life brighten my life. However, each morning I so enjoy tuning in to Baxter's blog to see what new pearls of widom he has and how he enjoys life with his mom, dad and friends. All the twisted humans in this world could use a lesson or two on how to lead good lives. The instructors? None other than the dachshunds who bless our world every day with their existence.

Anonymous said...

I pinned a picture of your dog off of pinterest. I had no idea that I was infringing on anything. I just thought it was cute and the saying was adorable. It has been deleted.
I happen not to be twisted as was commented above, just a dog lover who obviously should only post pictures of my own dog.

Anonymous said...

I am happy for, and truly love all your posts. I love your writing and the awesome pictures of Baxter and often wonder how you manage to do so (since mine of Wally seem to be either after he has quit being cute or has left the room or whatever,lol). People don't seem to realize that even though it is digital it is still stealing. I hope though that this does not deter you from keeping up the posts because we would truly miss you and little B. Bernice & Wally

kalyxcorn said...

Hi Dudley's mom, there isn't a problem with a pin that links back to the blog (use Add from Web, with the link for the post). It's when folks take the image and upload it themselves to their pinterest, or pin it from a site that is not here that is an issue. :)

thank u miss sharon O and miss klaus's mom and mistermiss anonymous. :)