Monday, August 24, 2009

Caught AGAIN! Toyfriend or Toyfling??


Readers of The Smoking Tail know that it's no secret that Baxter the Dachshund and his pals, Duk Duk and Beaver, have not been seen together or heard from in months. But the real secret surrounds the whereabouts of Baxter's toyfriends and his suspected involvement in their disappearance. According to our sources, local residents have not seen or heard from Duk Duk or Beaver since Duk Duk's last interview with The Smoking Tail back in April. And now, recent photos captured by the pupperazzi shows Baxter the Dachshund wandering the aisles of a local pet store, apparently shopping for a new toy. Was Baxter shopping for a new toyFriend or a toyFling??



Mr. Ropey Ramjet claims it was he who was purchased that day and taken to Baxter's home, whereupon the new toy immediately suffered severe damage to his tail and squeaker. "I-I just don't understand who would do that to a friend," says Ramjet, "I mean you know he seemed really happy about it, too. And then next thing you know, he's off with his kong toy and I'm lyin on the floor with my tail in one hand and slobber all over me. Slobber! You know how many diseases I could catch from that? And how am I gonna get my tail back on? Nobody said anything about this back at the toy factory. Anyway don't get me wrong, it's every toy's dream to be chosen by his owner and I am grateful that Baxter chose me. But he hasn't played with me in a couple of days now and so a toy's gotta wonder, ya know? Am I his friend or am I just a fling? And yeah, Duk Duk and Beaver are nowhere to be seen."

What happened to Duk Duk and Beaver?? Is Baxter involved in a new committed toy relationship? Could Mr Ramjet the be the next to disappear? Stay tuned to future editions of The Smoking Tail, where we promise to uncover the truth.

9 comments:

holykowkirby said...

My unnamed sources state that Mr Ropey was seen (spoiler alert!) in the company of Duk Duk and Beaver in the dreaded Drawer! Please confirm or deny these rumors!

angie said...

scandalous!!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't think Baxter could be so cold.....

Alicia said...

Say it ain't so Baxter! Poor Mr. Ramjet.

Don't even tell me that the Watermelon took Blue Ballie's place...

Bludog said...

Let's face, we all know that those who are extraordinarily good looking (BAXTER!) can be a bit fickle. Just like movie stars and celebrities, there is always a new toyfriend around the corner, because everyone wants to be near them and just breathe the same air. It's sad but true - society simply does not have the same same rules and expected standards of behavior for those with true star quality. If Beaver and DukDuk could be located (and if they could have their squeakers restored so they could squeak for themselves), I'm sure they'd say they want nothing more than to be back with Baxter... So enraptured by his gorgeous good looks and dynamic doganality, we are all his enablers ;-)

Unknown said...

DUN DUN DUN! I love these posts!
So CUTE!!

Elizabeth said...

Excellent reporting!

Lorenza said...

I will not be able to sleep until I know the truth!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

inc123 said...

Well Polly says that DukDuk and Beaver are hiding. She isn't sure if it is a game, punishment, or taunting!