Monday, January 4, 2010

my cousin jasper








dear diary,
this is my cousin jasper. he is a rescued border collie and i have been staying at his house. i wish i could tell you more about him but i've been kinda keepin my distance. yeah we go on walks together and most of the time everything is fine but sometimes when we are home inside, well sometimes i can't help but feel like he's givin me the stink eye and i get a little worried. i even embarrassed myself and ran away aro-arooing a few times when he got too close to me. boy what a mistake that was. that only made him MORE interested in me, can u believe it?









thing is, mom says border collies are natural born herders. mom says when he looks at me all he sees is something that should be herded. like i'm a sheep or somethin.




but, c'mon. he's biggern me and that mighty stink eye of his? well, i really think he's sees me more as this.




yeah that's right. dinner. a tasty sausagey dinner. i would eat that, too, really, if it didn't have my head on it. so, that's why for now i prefer runnin off, thanks, spectacle or not.

i think things will be fine, though. today mom and jasper's mom have been keeping an eye on both of us. and let me tell you, their stink eyes beat out both our stink eyes any day. it's a good thing we love our moms so much.

well that's is all for now. tomorrow i'm goin to my other grandma's house and i can't wait! she seems to really like me so maybe i can get some extra lovin.

toodles,
b.

7 comments:

Semper Wifey said...

This is so funny! We have a dachshund and a mixed breed that has some sort of shepherd in her, and your post is exactly what goes on in our house everyday, except they both like to pester each other. It keeps things entertaining! :)

angie said...

ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-aaaaaaxter!

Little Carino the Dachshund said...

Well this got me laughing out loud... and believe me it doesn't happen often....

Bludog said...

Jasper does appear to be rather intense in that picture...

Alicia said...

Jasper looks like a control freak. I can see it in his eyes...if it moves, heard it; if it doesn't, eat it!

Cute guy though.

Woofs,
Oskar

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
I can understand you want to keep your distance! Sure he has the look!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

kalyxcorn said...

:) Jasper really is a sweetie pie with a very one track mind, that's for sure. A fine example of his breed! Those eyes are actually pleading for someone to throw that thing so he can fetch it, but Baxter hasn't totally figured that out yet. Mmm, sausage...