Tuesday, February 9, 2010

happy hound harness roundup






It's always gratifying when I get pictures of happy hounds wearing the custom dapper doxie duds I've made for them. And a relief for the little kielbasa, who can finally prove to the world that he isn't a cross dresser, at least by choice.

Today, followups on two of the happy hound posse. First, a peek at Molly the fearless doxie. Molly's picture cracks me up, the way she's got that "I'd rather be climbing trees than modeling for some silly pictures" look on her face. Some days, tiny chumley knows just how she feels.




Miss Edith, the sweet doxie who recently needed and found a new forever home, had some help in opening her package when it arrived, courtesy of her hambone of a sister, Daisy the corgi. I'm not quite sure it was the help she was looking for, but with a rub-my-tummy look like that, who can resist? Hopefully the new harness and matching leash will serve Miss Edith well when she attends a wedding by the lake this summer.



Little kielbasa has been a trooper while my attentions have seemingly been diverted elsewhere lately on projects such as these. But yesterday night he must have finally had his fill, making his presence known by way of a classic doxie move, the head wedge, squeezing his smooshed face between my legs while I sat on the floor working on an office chair I had scored earlier that day.

All this work on stuff and nothing for me??, his eyes asked.



Ahh, fear not, tiny boyfriend, Valentine's day is just around the corner.

9 comments:

Bludog said...

We feel so famous! This must be our "15 minutes."

We'd like to hear more about Miss Edith's story.

Signed, Molly & her human

Fernanda e Pink said...

Beautiful picture! Bright Eyes!

Alicia said...

Molly and Miss Edith look wonderful in their new harnesses! They are very lovely ladies and the new togs compliment them well. Beautiful!

Oh, Baxter. You really have a tough life, don't you?!

AmyM said...

His face is a perfect heart!

Marene and Ali said...

One of the sweetest Dachshund pictures ever!!!! Who could resist.

Lorenza said...

I am sure they are loving their harnesses!
Baxter... I love your sweet face!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Sandra said...

Ah yes, the classic dachshund look that makes one unable to resist the pull of those big brown eyes leaving you nothing but puddy in their paws. I know it well.

Taffy said...

Beautiful harnesses and I am sure they will get used very frequently.
Baxter, I bet that look melted your mom's heart....it melted my mom's!
Kaly, I have a friend who is looking for a harness but her dog is not a doxie. Do you have any interest in making a harness for other breeds? She has Havanese dogs. I would be more than happy to refer her over here if you are interested.
Hugs,
Twix and Mom

kalyxcorn said...

hi twix! if your friend is game then i'd be happy to convo to see if we can make it work. first and foremost, chest and neck size. it will tell me a lot. I've also never done one for a long hair pup - not sure how the hairs interact with velcro. does anyone have a longhair doxie that has used a similar type harness? what has their experience been like?