Thursday, February 11, 2010

a splash of doxie

A gloriously sunny but particularly chilly day, with gusty winds forcing their way into our house via every nook and cranny around every window in house. Little kielbasa was hardly aware of the blustery scene outside, camped out has he has been most days in the winter by his heater friend george. But the sound of the front door opening proved too much of a temptation for this little boy, who now believes that a squirrel needs chasing every time he hears that familiar sound, thanks to the birdseed I placed out front.

I had opened the door to let in more light, so I could take a picture of the office chair I just recovered. "Bor-inggg", Baxter decided after a quick squirrel check by the door. "Let me show you how to make this picture exciting."

I must admit, my tiny boyfriend's right. Just like life, everything is better with a doxie in it.

10 comments:

chloejessica said...

So cute! "my little boyfriend" haha I love it! And agree! Every photo I take is always better with a dachshund in it! :)

mamamouseiam said...

RIGHT ON, Baxter! (And yet another great job on recovering a chair. I'm inspired to try my own...)

AmyM said...

Gorgeous! And you're right, he adds a certain glimmer to it all, doesn't he?

Agnes B. Bullock said...

LOVE the chair!!!! No chair is complete without a doxie in it!

Anonymous said...

Pawsome new chair, Baxter! After 40" of snow and no electricity from Friday nite to Monday---we just couldn't hack another round of this snowmare--so we hightailed it to P'Keepsie just ahead of the next round. We have one eye on all the trees while we are camped out in front of a wood stove---think Uber George---George the Giant! Stay warm down there! Kate and Allie

Bludog said...

Those feet! Those feet! I love those sturdy Dachshund feet...

Alli and Frankie said...

Oh, the chair looks great! How on earth did you manage that?!

Baxter has a LOT of tags on his collar. What are they?

Also, those toenails are nice and short, I couldn't help but notice. Do you do them yourself or take him in?

Just curious! :) love Baxter's picture as always.

kalyxcorn said...

It's hard to have just one favorite doxie part, but feet are certainly one of them! Big Boyfriend and I do them using a dremel. We try doing Tiny Boyfriend's nailsat least every other week, though weekly would be best because it wouldn't take as long.

Hmmm, what IS on Baxter's collar? Let me think...1)Rabies 2) DRNA tag number 3) AKC Canine Good Citizen/Address 4)Town Permanent License Dog Tag 5)Dog Park Tag

I need to find a widget that allows people to write in stuff. I would so love to find out what is on everyone else's collar!

Oh yeah, office chair directions...I think I posted directions in the comment section of this post

Lorenza said...

The chair looks awesome!
I can see Baxter approves it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Sandra said...

Everything always looks better with a dachshund for sure. Now we just need to convince our mom of that when it comes to letting us all sleep on the bed.

Flash, Alven and Dottie (kind of a dachshund)