Thursday, July 19, 2012

dapper doxie duds: fun with pearls and snackies












but mom, it's for penny from stuff on my wiener.  i want to wear it like this so everone will...okay, i will put it on right..

(hwuuuuuuuuup!)












 







Why hello my friends, it's me, Baxter, your roving rover reporter reporting to you today about the pretty dud my mom made for Penny, who you guess by now might be the same Penny from Stuff on My Wiener, because, well, she is!  I'm modeling her super new summer dud.  Let me take a turn around here so we look at it, shall we?








So here we have a pretty pink gingham cotton fabric bound in turquoisey aqua and white polka dot binding and not only is there really cool ribbon and rick rack on it, but there is also a vintage turquoise colored button flower on the snackie pocket! And to make the dud even more special, there is a sterling silver and pretty pink freshwater pearl dangle drop! Do not tell duk duk but  I really like this dud,  because it is so fun and sweet and it reminds me of something u might see in that book we finished in school this past year - you know, Fun with Dick and Jane?  Only you know, fresh and modern. Just like Penny.




So anyhoo, that is my report for today because mom says we might be having another guest tonight. And here at the Baxter and Duk Duk Park N Bark Motel, it is my job to make sure all our guest spots are clean and tidy and foofie free.  Which means I have a lot of work to do considering what me n mario were doing during monkey chow munchies megamusic happy hour yesterday.

This is Baxter your roving rover reporter, wishing you a totally terrific Thursday!! :)




11 comments:

~Must Love Dogs~ said...

Me has to get one of these! BEAUTIFUL work!

kalyxcorn said...

oh thank u mistermiss must love dogs! :) :) whenever u r ready, u can just clicky on the links the right sidebar under my mom's dud portfolio slide show :)

Jasper + Amy said...

Oooo Baxter!! Another wonderful creation by your mom!! My mom says that she just ordered another harness for me, but it won't be all pink & pretty cause I'm not a girl... I'm a rough & tumble boy!! But she did say that it will be awesome just the same!! YAY!! I can't wait!!

*Jasper

Anonymous said...

So so cute!
Your mommy is talented sewer that's for sure!
Love you both!

- Hildy (and my mom)

Keren Hening said...

Ooo, ooo, ooo! Princess Penny 'n' I r bestest friends for like da last 20 years!"

"Um, Guinness, honey, you're only 17 years old. You didn't even come to live with me until you were five. How is it that you've known Princess Penny since before you were even born?"

"Auntie Keren, do u know Shirley McLaine, da actress?"

"Not in THIS lifetime, Studly. i gus you and she were friends once?"

"Well, it's a long story, but I gotta nap now."

O.K., Guinness. We'll talk later."?

Elizabeth said...

That is so cute. Lulu would look adorable in something similar, don't you think? Then maybe Baxter would want her as his girlfriend?

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee jasper i know cuz guess what! mom worked on it today. i will be helping her with pictures and stuff very soon so be on the looky lookyout! :)

thank you hildy! how have you and your mom been? :)

guinness, u r 17? that is like really cooool!

yes miss elizabeth it would be cute on lulu but me having a girlfriend is against pirate code. i checked. :)

Teddy said...

I wouldn't wear that one but I'd like it on a girl! Hey did your mom get my email about possibly making a harness for me? If not I will resend.
Licks,
Marley

HH and The Boys said...

Beautiful Duds... I love that one.

hugs, Max, Bugsy, and Knuckles

prttynpnk said...

This is sooo adorable! Did you design your patern?

kalyxcorn said...

hello marley - sorry to be responding so late! i just checked mom's email and i do not think it is there so if u want to resend to feel free. :)

thank u max!! :)

yes miss prttynpnk! and mom draws up a new pattern for every doxie, cuz it is all custom and all doxies r different. and she keeps it on hand for future duds :)