Sunday, March 17, 2013

fashion sunday: the week in makey make review

"we interrupt our story this st. patrick's day to bring you this very important message from out story's sponsors.."









Oh, okay, is this thing on? Hello, my name is Baxter and you might already know me through my blog, facebook, or  twitter.   I am not a stinky girl, but I play one sometimes in stories like you've been following. And I sometimes do it to help my mom when she has made things that I need to model. And today, we are taking a break from our story because I have many things to model.  Here, let me show you...
















This is the dud my mom just finished for my friend moxie's order.  Moxie is chocolate dapple girl whose fashion inspiration comes from royalty.  New royalty that is, because before  prince willam's wife married him and became the duchess of cambridge, she was plain ol kate middleton.  Who wasn't really plain or old really, just fresh and modern, simply styled and feminine without being too frou frou.  And so moxie's dud needed to be like that too.







Behind the scenes this past week, my mom also finished the duds ordered by my friends Penny and Leroy.  This time Penny wanted a play dud made from a pretty bubblegum pink princess crown print that she picked out herself, and she wanted ruffles too, so after i helped mom look for the perfect trim and coordinating fabrics to match,  I helped her make it! And model it of course!


 Now, if your sister has a princess play dud , what do you think you should have if you were her brother?  Yup, you guessed it, a piratey play dud, because how else are you going to be able to place princess and pirate together?



And can u keep a secret, my friends?  Because I can tell you these duds are very fun to play in and you can even add things from your very own closet - like ohhh...









a pretty purple flower crown so you can sit by the window and watch the butterflies and airplanes fly by with your very best friend...

































or, soon-to-be-fresh in mom's etsy shop,  a super cool pirate hat so you can arrrrrrrr the seven seas! (I hope to help mom put them on etsy Etsy early this week starting maybe even as early as tonight so be on the lookout for the red alert doot doot dooty doot!)
















Okey dokey, well that is it for today.  Boy am I pooped, and not even in a snakey sort of way! I hope u enjoyed looking at all the things I helped mom make this past weel and I hope you have a wonderful coming week!! :)

2 comments:

Kari S said...

Squeal! So excited for the duds! Penny & Leroy are going to love them :D

kalyxcorn said...

yippee skippee!! :)