Sunday, August 16, 2009

this little piggy shook hands



Hey, it's me, Baxter, your roving rover reporter here, reporting today about my trip to the flea market. I love all the smells here. Today I want to tell you about the people I sniffed.










Just an important reminder before we start, boys and girls. There are plenty of things to see and do here but as a little dog it's important to stick close to your mom and dad and watch where you're going so nobody steps on your paws cause this place can get kinda busy. I'm a pro at barking, so don't worry about me.






All sorts of people seem to want to come up to me and pet me when I'm at the market. Sometimes they tell my mom they had a dog just like me when they were little, and sometimes they just want to ask what it's been like owning a wiener dog because they were thinking of getting one, too. Me, I like the ones that ask before they try n pet me cause some of the littler kids move so quick they scare me. This kid was cool. He never got around to petting me, but I wish he did because he smelled like hot dogs and I betcha he tasted like it, too.




This next little dude came up to me later on and at first he was afraid to pet me. I don't blame him cause I wasn't that excited about it either. But then my mom put a snack in his hand and everything got better so I shook his hand AND his mom's hand. I liked him. He kinda smelled like milk n Cheerios.




I think I would have liked smellin this next little fella but he never did end up coming up close enough for me to know. I was kinda disappointed cause by then I figured out the whole shake hands for a snack thing and was goin up to practically everybody to say hi. I like his pull toy. It was almost as long as me.





Well that's my report for today cause mom says I need to take a nap before we walk to the park this evening. The park! Yippee! Come back tomorrow I'll tell you more about my market visit.

Toodles!!
B.

6 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
Sure it was pawesome to meet all those kids there!
I am like you. I don't like when someone tries to pet me suddenly. If they come close to me in a nice way I let them pet me... if not... I show them my teeth!
Have a good night
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Erin said...

Good job Baxter! We're still working on Texas not screaming at people when on leash, after that we can move onto having them actually touch him!! ;))

BTW where did you get your harness from?

Taffy said...

Way to go Bax! I love that first pic of you smiling and showing your pearly whites! Can't wait to see what your next report is on.
I see you have another young lady after you....do I need to get jealous?
Snuggles,
Twix

kalyxcorn said...

Hi Twix - you're always my first love!! How could there be anotheR?

Hi Erin - Believe me, Baxter is and always will be a work in progress. He is after all, a dachsie! Harness I made from scratch but there are patterns out there nowadays and premade ones that come in all sorts of fabric even!
http://kalyxcornucopia.blogspot.com/2009/07/make-it-doggie-vest-harness.html

Hi Lorenza! Okay I think Twix will understand that you're my girfriend, too, right? :)

Taffy said...

Well, I was talking about Lulu who wants to know if you have a girlfriend....but now I know you are after Lorenza too! ? ! Boy, you get around! Hmmmm, I'm gonna have to rethink our relationship.....

kalyxcorn said...

oh no say it isn't so, twix! ;) i wish i really could get around cuz all y'all are such sweet ladies.

hugs, b.