Monday, August 17, 2009

this little piggy played with puppies

Baxter again with your roving rover reporter news here at the flea market, where today's story is all about the dogs. You see, despite being called the flea market, there aren't really fleas here so it's totally fun to bring dogs here so long as they're on a leash and the weather is nice. I've barked at and met all sorts of dogs here. There was a vendor here that used to bring her dog with her, and he gave me the willies every time I saw him. Mom thinks he was an Australian Cattle Herder. All I know is, that dog could spot me from a mile away and then he'd sorta crouch down and just give me the evil eye the whole time I walked by. Me no likey dat, let me tell you. I'm glad he wasn't there the day I visited.

Almost every time I go to the market I run into another dachshund, and we spend a whole thirty seconds smelling each other before we get back to ignoring each other in search of something we can snarf off the ground. This time I saw a nice little red mini that had a big white patch on his neck but his human walked him away before I could say hi.

Now normally I'm kinda suspicious of dogs that are bigger than me, but once I smelled this guy here I knew he was safe for playin with because he was a puppy. We scampered around a couple of times and then I got jealous that he found a feather on the ground and wouldn't share it. Then by the time he lost interest and wanted to play again, it was time for him to leave. Bummer, cuz I was just starting to enjoy myself! His human said he was part Great White Pyrenees so mom said the next time I saw him I probably wouldn't recognize him because he would be really big.



Mom says tomorrow I have to write about the actual stuff we saw at the flea market so I guess I'll see you then.

Toodles!
B.

3 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
Glad that doggie was not there! I don't like mean dogs either!
Yes, that Great White Pyrenees dog is going to be very big next time you see him!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

inc123 said...

Maybe The Good or Non-so-great Pyrenees are closer to doxie size?? Or the not-do-great not-so-white pyrenees? Love, Polly Doxie

Taffy said...

Baxter, that dog you don't like is only trying to make sure you go where you're supposed to. If you don't he is gonna herd you! I'm glad you found a furiend to play with at the market!
Snuggles,
Twix