Sunday, October 4, 2009

mid-atlantic doxie fest: commence au festival



Hi, it's me, Baxter, your roving rover reporter. I'm standing here in what appears to be dimly lit building in a place I've never smelled before, surrounded by - guess what - wiener dogs! My mom just told me we are at the eighth annual Mid-Atlantic Dachshund Phestival. How cool is that? Last year this festival attracted over 1200 attendees. Let's see what's going on while the people and hounds start pouring in.






At first glance this festival reminds me of the flea market cuz there are all sorts of cool vendors here selling stuff for your doxie and stuff with doxies on it. These are two of my favorite finds. The black patent doxie is actually a purse that mom admired for its construction, but she said didn't get it because she already has me as her doxie accessory. The aqua blue disc with the retro round doxie on it is a key ring coin purse, though I think it should hold snacks instead of coins.












Now, if you've never been to a doxie festival, let me tell you, there are plenty of things to do here. Today I want to share with you my experience sniffing butts. It was WON-DER-FUL! Everywhere I turned, there was a butt that needed sniffing. No craning my neck, no straining to catch a whiff from way high above with those big scary kinds of dogs. None. All these butts were just at the right height for proper greeting and they greeted me right back. I spent a LOT of time doing that and met up with all sorts of new friends. These were just the fellas whose pictures were halfway clear. I sniffed a lot of butts, oh yeah.




I could have sniffed all day! But, tomorrow let me tell you about the wiener dog races cuz they were fun, too. For today, this is Baxter, your roving rover reporter signing out.

10 comments:

Brindusa (Brinda Dasha) said...

Wow, I'd love to have such a festival here, too. Maybe I'll organize myself such an event, some day. It's in my organization's plan. First, a dachshund's club. Would you join it, too?

Anonymous said...

Inside a building, that sounds lovely. We were out in the heat. She's fine. Did Baxter race? He looks so dapper.

Anonymous said...

oh that didn't make sense. My daughter passed out in line at a food stand from dehydration. That is how hot it was yesterday for us.

Unknown said...

I wish I new about this event! We used to live in the area, and it would have been such a blast! Hope you all had fun!

Elizabeth said...

Oh how fun! I've gone to the weiner dog races in Buda, Texas several times but just to watch. Lulu is not a racer.

holykowkirby said...

Is it true that Dachshunds are the only breed that recognizes one another? I can understand the blurry pics, bet all those butts were moving pretty fast!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
Sounds awesome!
I can see you happy tail in the first picture!
I am not very good in the sniffing butts department!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Taffy said...

Looks like you had a great time! Can't wait to hear more about your adventure. I have never been to a doxie fest but I bet I'd like it!
Snuggles,
Twix

kalyxcorn said...

hi brindusa! i would love to be an honarary member!

oh no, Tulip! good to hear your sister is feeling better. i am glad the heat isn't so bad anymore here.

hi Lulu! i hear you about racing. i am not sold on it either. so much other stuff to do like snarf stuff off the ground!

hi lorenza and twix!! sniffing butts isn't very ladylike so I understand why you might not even
want to be good at it! i think you'd really like a festival, twix. so many things to smell even if you do it discreetly!! :)

hugs,
b

chloejessica said...

A dachshund flea market I am so jealous! :)