Friday, January 15, 2010

new year, old dilemma

Ahh design work. When I am in the right frame of mind, I could futz for hours designing stuff and poking around online print sites for customizable products and ideas and wondering about the weights of their paper and quality of their printing. And yet I don't have it in me to write most of my Christmas cards or thank you notes on a timely basis.

This time, I figured I'd try to stack the deck a little in my favor and find some motivation in writing belated holiday greetings and thank yous by ordering up calendar cards from an online print shop I wanted to check out. To my chagrin most of their offerings weren't fully customizable but I did find this happy design that I was able to update with an image of the shrimp scampy and some text changes. Plus they're 110 pound cardstock and printed in full color. Doesn't everyone get motivated by that?

And so yesterday, a full three weeks before I even usually start thinking about writing thank yous, the new cards came out, and Baxter and I spent some of our day scribbling missives to friends and family. Now if only I could get Baxter to address them for me...

3 comments:

mamamouseiam said...

You are not alone! While writing this comment, I am keenly aware of gifts stacked on my desk, unable to be used and enjoyed until thank yous are written. Your calendar cards are a winner - great idea! And I love the chew marks on the Sharpie cap - I'm assuming they belong to Baxter and not you? ;-)

Elizabeth said...

What a cute idea! I'm totally stealing that for 2011.

kalyxcorn said...

um...yeah..baxter's chew marks...that's the ticket. in all fairness though neither of us are cap chewers...just sometimes our paws get full and we gotta get the cap of somehow so we can mark something before we lose sight of where to mark it, know what I mean?

ha! i can't wait to see how lulu's turn out - let me know where you end up getting them done? the place I used was sorta pricey, well especially since I'm the sort that gets Christmas cards after Christmas