Wednesday, February 17, 2010

finger nickin good

Today I'm off to meet up with Robin for a weekend enamelling botanical forms workshop. It's not exactly the mad metal skills I was looking to acquire, but who knows what might come of it. An opportunity to mess with sharp tools I've never used before in a strange and potentially hazardous environment surrounded by mini white hot kilns and metal filings? Sure why not. Or as I always like to say with varying degrees of accuracy - how hard can it be? In this case I am certain the resulting nicks and burns on my fingers that I'll bring back home with me will answer that question.

Tiny chumley sort of knows the jig is up, sniffing as he did at the toiletries I had put down by my suitcase on the bedroom floor. An interesting thing he's done in this technical morning as I sit here preparing posts for the next three days. Little kielbasa is nowhere to be found, opting instead to be with his dad in bed, whom he kept company with for most of the night as I packed and cleaned and did all the things I needed to do before I leave.

What gives?, I'm wondering. Is this a ploy to make me jealous, concerned as I might be that he's now a daddy's dog??

Crafty sausage boy. Now he's got ME counting the days til I get back home.

8 comments:

Jiorji said...

oh those are dirty tricks you're playing. Teasing your dad to let thim think you're a daddy's dog when you'll always be a mommie's dog. tsk tsk Baxter!

i love that picture :D

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

So will there be pictures of this most interesting place that your mom is going??? I hope.

Alli and Frankie said...

I can't stand it. Must. Tickle. Baxter's. Foot! He looks so cute!!!!

3 doxies said...

OMG, this blog cracks me up tp pieces! I found it through The Long and Short of it All...my pups were featured there yesterday.
I sooooo want Albert to start his own blog now
And Baxter you are tooooo funny...lovin the foot shot:)

Allison Schubert

Lorenza said...

Sounds interesting!
I am sure you are going to have lots of fun!
I know Baxter will have a great time with his Dad!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

kalyxcorn said...

ooh maybe pictures. it's on the coast but the inside of a conference room isn't so pretty. only some bare misses yesterday. folks have way more metal skills than I do, but i a mexcited about maybe enamelling some dog tags for baxters woof mitzvah collar!!! yipee!!!

bloghunds said...

Bax, that's our favorite pose, too - you look just like Patty when she's buried!

kalyxcorn said...

always good to go back and read more carefully!

toe tickling is pretty fun with a doxie, isn't it? especially when they're sleeping cuz they get all twitchy :)

hi allison! I hope u do start up a blog for albert - I am sure it would be fun!!! let me know when you do.

hi patty!!! :)

hugs,
b