Saturday, March 6, 2010

mental floss: where's waldo?

There's a reason why Baxter wears blaze orange when we go walkies in the evenings or he hunts in the backyard. Without it, tiny chumley practically disappears into the background, making it impossible to track him, save for jingling of his collar tags and occasional barking that our little warrior yelps when he is hot on the trail of his quarry.

This sunny morning the little kielbasa spied a squirrel on the deck, and squealed with such yearning that it was impossible not to heed his call. No time for blaze orange, we both realized, and out the door he went, as naked, almost, as the day he was born.

Yes, he's in this picture, somewhere. Can you find him?

10 comments:

Jiorji said...

hmm i'm not so sure YOU know where he is ;)but my guess is top left corner area...maybe...

kalyxcorn said...

hee - i do know but let me tell ya, it took a bit of lookin!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Nope couldn't find Baxterdo. What a grrrreat wooded area for a dachshund to do his thing in. I'm just sayin'.

kalyxcorn said...

yeah with doxies being the size they are, our backyard is more than enough for a little herd to explore. now if only i could get them to rake!

Erin said...

I'm going to say by the middle tree.....

Stacey said...

I think I see him in the top left, but it could be just a little brown pile of leaves. Ha! Nice camo!

Natalie said...

I think he's by the second big tree (the one in the middle) you can see the front half of his body.

Bludog said...

I find Molly by looking for moving foliage - so this would need to be a video for me to find Baxter ;-) When Molly gets busy in the underbrush, that little tail is always moving. I just look for a plume of prairie grass or fern frond waving as my own weiner locator beacon.

Lorenza said...

Baxter!
I think you are there in the middle of the picture... behind the tree!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

kalyxcorn said...

hee - second tree, totally!