Thursday, April 15, 2010

dud me






So, I gots the itchies to make more duds and it always goes something like this. Find one fabric and use it as an excuse to buy more fabrics. Such was the case when I found this fabric in my stash, a fine liberty-esque corduroy that would look great on a black and tan or red doxie, that would work with some really swell green, purple, or iridescent gossamery butterfly wings. Fabric of course, that I didn't have yet. For an order I don't really have yet. But oh the possibilities!

Yesterday was too chilly and gray to enjoy making things, and so I took a break and ventured out into the fabric shops in search of gossamer organzas and laces, and of course came back with that plus some, including some swell fabrics I needed for Mister Ike and lovely Annabelle.

Rest well, my little buddy, more modelling is yet to come! :)





Update: Whee! It's 10:00 in the morning and I just pulled this cute strawberry barkcloth from the dryer. Barkcloth! It seemed only right that this be considered along with the liberty-esque corduroy for springy/summery dapper doxie duds, right? With wings, maybe in shimmery green or ivory or something equally flighty. Or without, as they'd also be super fun with a little ruffle detail or a flower or even a tiny pocket for posies. Ah, one day their princesses will come. Well, best get on with making things! Chumley is buried under his down blankie, thanks to a chilly start to the morning.

10 comments:

Hannalei said...

corduroy is just awesome. I wish there were more things in the world made with it. Such an awesome texture and amazing softness. I can not WAIT to see your next creation. I didn't visit yesterday ( shame on me ) but I scrolled down to peek at the post and my jaw dropped. Those wings are simply amazing. Just stunning. Like I said... I can not WAIT to see what you make next. Such an amazing fabric artist! :)

Xo
~ Sarah

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

That is nice material.
Hey, I hear you are going to Date Night. I can't wait.
I think my Milkbone seeds are starting to sprout. Either that or some weeds are coming up there.

kalyxcorn said...

aw thanks sarah! :) hee - i can't wait to see either, cuz i never know how it turns out til it turns out!

hi frankiefurter - i sure hope it is your tree cuz at least one of us will have one then!! i dunno about date night cuz i haven't been able to keep up lately with what is goin on (boo hoo!) but on the plus side, my mom is getting a lot more sleep! :)

Bludog said...

OK ... sold. You know what to do ;-)

Molly needs ruffles.

Anonymous said...

You can't have too many ruffles.

Carolyn said...

oooh, I love the purple corduroy! Wish my little girl was done growing so I could get her one!

sio said...

Mister Ike says "no ruffles, please!" Love the corduroy, but not for our boy, according to the hubby. Can't wait to see Baxter model Ike's dapper doxie dud!! :)

kalyxcorn said...

hee - Baxter's not gonna fit Ike's dud too well but maybe I can pin it! and doesn't every pirate outfit have ruffles on it??

hi carolyn! don't worry, the fabric gods always have a way of providing when the time is right! :)

sio said...

OOhhhh-- don't tell me! Not a "puffy shirt" harness !!!! ;)

Lorenza said...

Looking at those beautiful fabrics I can imagine the pawesome creation your Mom has in mind, Baxter!
I will be waiting to see it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza