Friday, April 16, 2010

spring forage

A break from sewing yesterday, so tiny chumley and I could make some vitamin D in the backyard and enjoy yesterday's wonderful spring weather. A funny thing about spring. It's about the only time of year where my little orange vested friend can still manage to blend in with the background, thanks to the bright colors of the azaleas and the tall flowers and foliage of the groundcover.

Tomorrow, our first try at earthdogging! Will the little kielbasa go for the gold or just bark at all the other dogs? Guess we'll find out soon enough!


6 comments:

Bludog said...

Go Baxter! Go Baxter! You can "dig" it!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

You look grrrreat in that vest all hidden among the spring foliage.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

You look grrrreat in that vest all hidden among the spring foliage.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear about Baxter's adventures at the Earthdog competition! I hope you take a video!!

In some intense searching I actually found an Earthdog event near me in May. I quickly sent away for my ILP for my doxie so that hopefully we can attend. I can't wait, it looks like so much fun.

Good Luck Baxter, channel your inner hunting Dachshund!

kalyxcorn said...

oooh excellent! I can't wait to hear about your experience!! :)

Lorenza said...

Baxter!
I can't wait to know how it goes that Earthdoging thing! Knowing you... it will be pawesome!
Let us know, ok?
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza