Thursday, May 20, 2010

dapper doxie duds: the cuban godfather

Okay, maybe it's just my mind seeing what it wants to see. It's been known to happen, especially when it comes to maroon fabric that I want to call plum. But here's the deal. I saw this fabric and immediately thought it was summery yet manly enough that a boy like Ike could get away with it. Especially if you're me and all you can think about when you see it is how it would make for a great cabana shirt that Fredo Corleone would wear in Miami or Cuba, back in the 50s when casual still meant well dressed, with nice tropical weight woolen slacks that would hang just so and a gold watch for a bit of elegant bling. So of course Ike's summer cuban godfather dud had to hark back to that fashionable time, when even the clothing labels were a work of art.

And what does a guy like Ike Corleone do in his free time? Why, hang out by the bunny tracks, of course. Here's hoping Ike doesn't spend all his kibble at the tracks, cuz I'm sure it would break his brother Otto's heart.





Badda bing, baby!

8 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

very manly duds indeed. Your mom has such a grrreat eye for these thingys.

sio said...

Oooooohhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! This takes my breath away!. Ike's dad wants to know if you will make him some dapper dad duds!! Can you imagine matching cuban godfather dad shirt to go with Ike's DDD harness!!

kalyxcorn said...

that would be hee-larious!! and actually kinda cool! I'm not sure how much of that fabric I have left but maybe I can find some and a) find a really cool vintage men's shirt pattern and b) get Robin to help me with the sleeves, we might be able to make it happen! First episode ever of Lost replays Sat, then it all ends on Sunday!!!

sio said...

Hey, if there's not enough fabric (and, you know, the shirt would have to have a collar - he's not yet fifty but I like your rule!!) I'll just have the hubby hold an (unlit cigar) while walking Ike!! Let's not get into gold chains!!!!

Lorenza said...

I love the description!
It is.... wow!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Kerri said...

I say the key to matching is to not overdo it, like that 1977 JC Penney catalog. (Really, if you haven't seen it, go Google and prepare to LYAO.) So if you don't have much fabric, a touch on a pocket hem or something like that would be a great way for Ike and Dad to coordinate without going overboard, IMO.

Anonymous said...

so clever and beeyoootiful!
Kate & Allie

kalyxcorn said...

oh me likey dat idea about the trim!