Thursday, May 6, 2010

who dis?

Oh the things we must miss out on, having weak noses such as we humans do. At least, that's what I'm sure the little kielbasa must have thought yesterday. Else why wouldn't I be down there with him, on the floor, sniffing every inch of Ike's denim dud, back briefly so I could add a bit more velcro while we wait for Ike's chest to catch up with the rest of his body's growth.

As it was, tiny chumley sniffed Ike's dud enough for the both of us, investigating every inch with tail gently wagging, and inhaling so deeply that he sometimes made himself snort. Exhaling, so he could sniff again.

Bliss comes in many forms for this little wiener. A new toy, a cozy rug, and now, I know, even the scent of another doxie.

6 comments:

sio said...

Well, you know, Ike's going to give his dapper doxie dud a good sniffing over when he gets it as it will smell of Baxter!

Hannalei said...

That is too cute I can just see his nose wiggling, tail wagging and the snorts. Every time I come home from the shelter I get a complete sniff down, over, up, and paws on the chest, eyes looking deep into mine as if they are saying .. Mommy are you cheating on us with other doggies? Too cute. :)

firstyouleap said...

Ike is quite the dachshie, Baxter's interest is very well-placed. I'm sure there will be some sniffing and quiverin' at Ike's when he gets this back.

Sandra said...

Baxter are you sniffing out a new friendship? Whenever I visit another pup when I come home all three of mine are glued to my pants like if it were a magnet. It's almost embarrassing.

Sandra, Flash, Alven and Dottie

Lorenza said...

The never ending smelling thing, right?
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Rowdy and Bette said...

The nose knows. Baxter smells the longest Dachshund in the world! Ike is so long that while he just celebrated Cinco de Mayo, his tail is still celebrating St. Patrick's Day.