Sunday, June 20, 2010

to guy, with love


there was a little doxie all chubby and round,
who needed a home and then he was found
by his new mom and dad.

my name is now baxter, i have a great home,
tis a life without bother,
due largely in part, to my wonderful father.

so today is the day i celebrate my dad,
cuz everything he does, makes me so glad.



like thanks for keeping me company
and sitting with me on the sofa when mom isn't home.
and thanks for taking me places where i like to roam.

thanks for helping me chase squirrels and bunnies,
even if everyone else thinks it's so funny.

thanks for letting me sleep in the big bed at night,
even when I try to push you out with all my might.

and gracias, dear guy, for cleaning up my poopies
and cutting the grass short,
so i can run and play, all around i cavort.

thank you, dear dad, for working so hard to bring home the bacon,
even though i haven't tasted any of that bacon you're makin.

and thanks for always being there when i need you
even if it's just so i can do a leg lick or two.

for all these things, my thanks i express
thanks for having me at your address!
happy father's day!! :)

9 comments:

Lorenza said...

Baxter!
This is a beautiful post for your Dad!
I know how much you love him... and how much he loves you too!
Happy Father's Day to him!
Have a great day!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! GREAT! Have a wonderful Father's Day. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

A MilShelb Mom said...

What a cute poem! I never knew you were such a sweet poet. Great job. Happy Father's Day to your Dad.
~Milly and Shelby

Alicia said...

Happy Father's day, Baxter's dad! Such a heartfelt poem from your fun little pup. Give Bax a little bacon next time you have some and he'll think that you're the most magical man in the world. Really!

Woofs,
Oskar

Sandra said...

Baxter I'm sure you've made your Dad feel very special today. I'm especially sure he appreciates your acknowledgment of all he does, including the poopy picking up. Hope the two of you had a great day.

Flash, Alven and Dottie

3 doxies said...

That was absolutely PURE sweetness...without a doubt. You are a poet and you knows it.

Puddles

kalyxcorn said...

whee! what a great day, right? i hope dad grills me a hot dog! (ok, u know, not me on the grill, one of those nathan's ones that are just so terrriffff!!)

Rowdy and Bette said...

We're just going to give up blogging and repost all of Baxter's poems instead. You're great Bax!

kalyxcorn said...

oh please promise never to do that, Joey n Maggie! You guys are like, my heroes! what else do i wanna be when i grow up besides being tall? joey n maggie of course!! :)

hugs,
b