Friday, July 9, 2010

as gumby as it gets






Seeing Baxter outstretched as he was during one of his cooldown cycles from his afternoon tummy tanning duties made me pause for a sec and think about the gumby quality all our boys in their youth seem to have had. That flowy, flexible bendiness. A stretchy, rubberiness of wiener dog youth that lets their saugagey body melt like a Dali timepiece onto whatever it is they're lying upon. One of the many doxie moments I treasure? When my foot or my arm just happens to be where tiny chumley wants to lie down, and I become the crust to his melty, oozy, cheesy, sleepy self, and all becomes right with the world.

9 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

You said a mouthful!!!

Kerri said...

I bet all Baxter heard was "cheese."

Anonymous said...

There's nothing better than the contented snort from a melty dachsie!

Taffy said...

My momma really likes it when the sandwich grunts and moans as it is getting cheesy and melty! Do you do that Baxter?
Snuggles,
Twix

Lorenza said...

We can make pawesome things with our body, right?
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Hannalei said...

This needs a like button. :)

kalyxcorn said...

hee - i make mr. haney noises sometimes! :)

Jiorji said...

oh i love it when they do that!! my cat likes to put her tiny little head in my hand sometimes when we nap together. Or if i'm in her way she'll put her head on my arm and outstretch her paws over my body. It's lovely isn't it?? :)

Taffy said...

Umm, what are Mr. Haney noises?