Thursday, July 8, 2010

eyes on the prize

Little did I know the real reason why tiny chumley was so interested in the package that came in the mail yesterday. Boy, what a fine snooter the kielbasa has, I figured, to smell out what I knew to be four sealed tubes of poultry flavored toothpaste inside. And boy, I knew Baxter likes the toothpaste but our morning walk must have really made him hungry, the way he's carrying on, wiggling about and licking his chops.

Baxter's body wiggled with such intensity that I finally could resist no longer, and put the opened box on the floor. Eh, it's just toothpaste. I'll put the camera down so I can catch him before he punctures a tube.

Moments of rustling later, with toothpaste tubes strewn about in all directions with hardly an afterthought from my little boy, I could almost see the excitement in the air as Baxter proudly pulled out the prize that I had no idea was inside. A ginormous, meal sized milkbone, his first of such tummy filling proportions, sure to keep this little boy in clover all morning long.

Oh yeah, giant mega milkbone. Make it mine for breakfast every day, pleeeeze?


10 comments:

Stacey said...

cackle!

design_girl said...

That is some funny stuff...and he posed so well to top it off!

Rowdy and Bette said...

It's no wonder Milk Bone wants Baxter for a spokesdog.

Anonymous said...

The nose always knows! Where do you get poultry flavored toothpaste?

DoMoFi said...

u have good balance Baxter! ^^

Alicia said...

Are you supposed to eat things that are as big as your head?

My dad used to say that my eyes were bigger than my stomach. This doesn't apply to Dachshunds.

Bludog said...

Sorta like when we get packages from Kalyxcraftopia ... Yeah, yeah, I smell Baxter... Yeah, yeah, nice duds... AHA! MILKBONES! MINE!

kalyxcorn said...

hi stacey - cackledoodledoo! :) - b

joey n maggie! ha - never really heard back from milkbone (really the PR firm), so who knows what ended up happening! But if it were up to Baxter, he would most definitely be willing to work for bones of any size!!

hola anonymous! ended up buying CET Poultry flavored toothpaste from Petmeds.com. Between the price match with some site I found online, free shipping, and perpetual $5 off coupon you can always find online, all four tubes cost like, $13. Exp 2/2013, so we're good to go cuz Baxter uses up about a tube every three months.

hi dodo n momo! yes i will balance practically anything if it means food for my tummy! -b

oooh, yes, big as my head always good. plus i actually got to finish it unlike my dinosaur bone which - boo hoo - mom wouldn't let me eat all at one time. how's your tummy nowadays, oskar? -b

hee - who cares about the rest of the stuff if snackies are involved??

toodles! - b

3 doxies said...

Holy cow, dat thing is bigger than my whole body.
Must not show dis pikture to my mum...she will start trying to train me.
Puddles

Lorenza said...

Baxter!
How do you can do that??
Not the sniffing thing but the holding it on your nose and not eating it right there!!
Good boy!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza