Wednesday, July 7, 2010

total recall

A curious email in my inbox notifying me about a pet supplement recall prompted me to check out the details at the FDA website. Possible salmonella contamination for all the supplements listed here. Thankfully, Baxter's joint supplement was not on the list. Whew.

But the moment of heart palpitations I felt while scanning the list made me realize I could do a little better on staying informed, do better than relying on word of mouth, or curious emails that could have ended up in my spam folder. So I signed up to receive FDA emails for product recalls and safety alerts. The least I can do, I figure, to make sure this little boy stays bright eyed and waggy tailed.

9 comments:

A MilShelb Mom said...

I need to stay more on top of things, too. Thanks for the reminder!!
~Maggie

Bludog said...

And he certainly is bright-eyed!

Hannalei said...

Thanks for sharing the link. I'm off to sign up myself! :)

DoMoFi said...

Thanks for sharing the link! ^^

3 doxies said...

I had no idea you could do that, thaanks for letting us know. Albert is on a Glucosamine to make sure his make is in tip top shape.
Puddles

Jiorji said...

tsk! it really pisses me off how reckless they can be with pet food. ...I was going to say they put so much effort into monitoring human food...not!!...i mean i wonder how much crap slips through as "fillers" and whatnot, and sugars that shouldn't be there, etc...

I'm glad baxter's supplements are safe. If my cats were affected by any recalled foods and got sick, i'd personally find the person in charge and give them a really serious nipple twist....or something...i'm a good pincher!!! RAWR!! my pets are important!!

Lorenza said...

You took the best decision!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Sandra said...

wow i didn't know you could sign up for that. that is smart. I better get on top of that. it is scary when you try to do your best to give them healthy things and then stuff like that happens.

Rowdy and Bette said...

You're gonna get lots of emails! Our dad reviews those at work. They can be a bit taxing sometimes. But it's good to be informed.