Saturday, August 7, 2010

the world outside my window

I am always charmed by the intense interest Baxter seems to have with the goings on outside his window. A curious blend of innocence, yearning, patience, and hope that makes my little boyfriend's endeavor that much more endearing.

Yesterday, when I almost let the entire morning slip by, consumed by my quest to find a specific picture amongst the gigabytes of jpegs that is my hard drive, I looked over at Baxter, and found him quietly intrigued by the scene before him. Forget the jpeg. It was time to go hunting with my little boy.


3 comments:

Kerri said...

You know they're interested when they do "the ears."

A MilShelb Mom said...

LOVE it! Milly and Shelby have pillows piled on the couch so they can see out our front window. They love to spend hours just watching the world go by... and barking at it!
~Maggie

Lorenza said...

I do that while I wait for my grandma to wake up!
She always wonders what I see outside!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza