Tuesday, September 14, 2010

baxter enchanted




At the ripe old age of almost four, tiny chumley still finds the world outside his front door to be a most fascinating place. Little creatures hop and slither and flit about, engaging my little boy's attention the same way he does mine.

It's hard for me to imagine a world now where I don't notice every little bug or itty bitty spider, a world where I don't point out every foraging squirrel and grazing bunny on the horizon. These are the things as a doxie owner that I am committed to doing, so that the world can continue to be that ever fascinating place for my fascinated little boy.

5 comments:

HH and The Boys said...

For those of us close to the ground, it's all in the details. Hoooomans miss a lot by being up high on those long legs. Thanks for reminding us to focus on the details.... Have a great day and I'm glad I found your blog thru Dashing Wilson's blog. I hope you like cats too.

kalyxcorn said...

hi Max the Quilt cat! shhh - we can be friends but just don't tell my friends at the dog park. I got a rep to maintain, know what i mean? but yeah, i am totally following your blog now! :) b

jen said...

I like Baxter's lady so much. Baxter's lady is AWESOME.

kalyxcorn said...

aw, me so rojo! hola Jen!! :)

Lorenza said...

My mom knows about it!
She has found lots of things on the ground since I am with her!
And she is always telling me about things around us!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza