Thursday, November 25, 2010

happy thanksgiving

Hey, it's me, Baxter, your roving rover reporter, reporting to you today about Thanksgiving. The first Thanksgiving. Now, you may think you already know everything there is about this holiday, but my friend duk duk has discovered a little known and very cool fact. Yep, my ancestor, Baxter Henry Klementius Skipjack, was at that very first Thanksgiving. My great great great great great great great - uh, how bout we just call him super great - granduncle! He came over on the Mayflower along with everybody else, and helped the pilgrims hunt rabbits and turkeys and planted corn and everything! Here's picture of him, sitting at the dog's table on that very day. Super cool, right? And boy does his Thanksgiving meal look TASTY!



Speaking of meals, I'm afraid I must cut my report short as I am sure hoping it might be time for mine. And believe me, I am so thankful for that.














Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!

Luv,
b.

9 comments:

Hannalei said...

Awesome! :) I hope you and your furless parents have a very wonderful Thanksgiving too Baxter!!! XoXoXo

HH and The Boys said...

Baxter... Pawsome pictures of you and your super Uncle. Happy Thanksgiving pal. I'm thankful for you.

Have a great day.

pawhugs, Max

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your ancestor's Thanksgiving story and photo. That's very impressive! Funny how much he looks just like you :-) You're adorable! Happy Thanksgiving little cutie!

K9 Katastrophie said...

You're so handsom, Baxter! Happy Thanksgiving!!

firstyouleap said...

Happy thanksgiving to you, Baxter--and to the rest of your household too! Jeeves and I are getting ready to watch the National Dog Show, a tradition in our house. I get to smile during the entire thing and Jeeves gets to sleep on my lap. Yes, I am very very grateful.
Melinda and Jeeves

Kyley & Ammo the Dachshund said...

haha HAppy thanksgiving Baxter! Heres to hoping you get lots of scraps!

M.A said...

Happy thanksgiving Baxter! thanks for sharing your ancestral story! the turkey is cookin'and it smells so good and I can't wait for our guests to start arriving- because that means that whatever drops on the floor is all mine!

today, I thank you for your daily posts- it makes me and my momma smile!

-Kona-
woof!

kalyxcorn said...

oh me so hungry! when's the turkey coming?

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
The story of your super great granduncle is pawesome!
Happy Thanksgiving to you, mom and dad!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza