Friday, January 28, 2011

some kind of wonderful

The magical wonder that is tiny chumley's charmed little life paid off big time after a seeming lull in his yellow moon, orange stars, blue diamonds and green clovers existence. Mother Nature, who had been so unkind as to keep the sun all to herself recently, decide yesterday to share her bounty with the world once again. And everyone except me, it seems, took notice.









"Its the same thing you see every day, baby dog," I told Baxter as I petted my little hopeful friend on the head. "When you get lonely, come down from your kitty perch and come help me sew."

As I gave him one last pet, tiny chum moved his little head so that my wandering fingers wouldn't obscure his vision.

yeah yeah sure thing mom. but something is going to happen, i just know it will.





Moments later after I had returned to my sewing machine, furious barking.

see? i told u there would be something interesting!! looky!!








And indeed there they were. Rats with hooves to anyone else, but to Baxter, the intruding deer were strange new creatures the likes of which he had never seen before.

bow rowr rowr rowr rowr! machine gunned my little boy while practically floating on air.




A few minutes passed, and the deer had bounded off toward the open greenway. But Baxter became convinced that they had invaded his backyard.

hurry please! quivered my ecstatic little wolf as I fumbled wth the keys to open the back door. see i told u! i have no idea what those things are but don't worry mom, i'll keep us safe! said he before rocketing into his backyard world of wonders, with the lucky charms of his yellow moon, orange stars, blue diamonds, and green clovers trailing gloriously behind him.



7 comments:

Kerri said...

It's so nice to know that Mother Nature has not completely forsaken us! B, tomorrow's high is supposed ot be around 60!

Kerri said...

P.S. Maybe Mom could take you downtown to be an all-star? =.)

HH and The Boys said...

OMC... You have deer on your estate? You are so lucky to see such wonderful things.

pawhugs, Max

Jenni said...

Hey Baxter!
I nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award! (You and your mom know all about style with your Dapper Duds!) Details are on my blog... :)

Hannalei said...

Wow .. that is beyond awesome!! :)

kalyxcorn said...

aw thanks miss jenni!

yes miss kerri & max, me so excited about da weather and the deer! maybe more deer will show up! (though mom says she rather hopes not. but i say who cares how the roses look?)

hee, oh miss hannalei, i would like to visit your growing pack one day cuz it'd be sorta like my puppyhood home, only with a greater ratio of doxies!!

Dog Sitting Los Angeles said...

Wow .. that is beyond awesome!! : its amazing I love it.
Thank you for post..