Sunday, February 20, 2011

bark at the park

dear diary,
yippee! so mom n dad took me to the dog park yesterday and mom says i am lucky to have a head at all, considering how much i barked at the other big dogs that invaded our play space yesterday.  but i say, those big dogs were lucky i didn't do anythin more.  u know, like get all wolfy on them or somethin.  which i would have, if mom didn't keep embarrassin me by coming over and telling me how naughty i was being.  like how productive is that really?  i had a job to do and it wasn't helping at all that those big dogs weren't listening to me. so i had to bark harder and u know what that got me? nuttin.  they just looked down at me like i was a noisy brown barking wind up toy. some doxies like me get no respect, i tell ya, no respect at all.

anyhoo, mom says she was spending so much time making sure i wasn't a naughty boy that she didn't get very many pictures, but here are a few. me, with  my new buddies rocky and wiener, and the always lovely schatze! and i got to meet trotter and sookie and ziggy and i'd show u pictures but um, u know already about the whole picture taking thing or lack thereof. and let's not even talk about the bath i had to suffer afterward.

so anyways, that was my saturday.  how was yours?


toodley-doo,
b. 


 

7 comments:

M.A said...

Hi Baxter- well it looks like your trip to the bark park was well um... successful with all the barking at the big dogs telling them to get off your play space. Doesn't your mom know that in order for us little dogs to be taken seriously we have to bark like we're big dogs?!? My Saturday is ok. I went to the dentist this morning and now we are at my cousin Howie's house for the weekend so I have to share my mommy and daddy with another wiennie!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
I can imagine you there barking to all the big doggies!
Glad you had fun with your friends there!
Have a great sunday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Pretty Nelli said...

Hi Baxter! Because Finland is still cold (-20 C / -4 F) and there´s a lot of snow, I've mostly been inside (driving my mom crazy). Maybe it´s better to be in and stay warm as I'm only 15 weeks old.

PS. My mom previously commented as Caro´s mom.

The Red Dachshund said...

Hi Baxter! Looks like you had fun! We're heading to the beach today here in Florida!

Bludog said...

I would love to see Baxter and Max together sometime - I think they'd work it out, because Max is a gentle soul.

HH and The Boys said...

We know about attitude over here too. HH bought Bugsy a cat bed with doughnut around it. It was all plush with fake fur n' all. She put it in his chair... And the little guy picked it up and carried it directly out onto the porch.. Wooohooo what an attitude... He was saying, "Not in my chair..." The thing was bigger than he was.

I was so proud. So keep that attitude Baxter. It's important to stand up for yourself.

pawhugs, Max

kalyxcorn said...

oooh kona, another weenie doggie! me likey those! wish i could have been visiting u!

hee hee, mom says in retrospect, Lorenza, that me barkin right into all the big dogs' armpits was pretty funny. sheesh. i was going for fierce too.

oh pretty nelli! i am so glad for u! caro's mom /now your mom is gonna take such wonderful care of u, i already know. my mom just added u to the blogroll so i can keep up with your adventures!! :)

oh so lucky red dacshund! i have never been to the beach. what up wit dat???

oh yeah miss bludog, my mom says i need to spend like two weeks with max n molly n honey so i can learn how to be better in a mixed dog pack. plus molly could show me a thing or two about how to get all those wonderful drive thru snackies i've seen her get. so yummy!!!

hee hee, max, something tells me we both should have been born much much larger!! :)