Monday, February 21, 2011

these paws were made for digging




Tiny bob barker's fantastic adventures for Sunday started in delicious Indiana Jones floor corn treasure seeking fashion, but ended on a relatively quiet note, busy and happy as he was by himself in his backyard, moving mounds of earth with his short little paws and nose pushed deep into the freshly disturbed soil.  Digging furiously, til I finished my chores and called him to come up for a paw wash.



 Tiny chumley trotted up the stairs, and looked longingly back at the hole he had started to dig.

hey mom, thanks for taking me on delicious walkies n all but may i please stay out here a little longer? cuz i totally want to finish this!

This little dachshund's paws? Most definitely made for digging. And that's just what they did. :)

8 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
PAWesome!
I wish I had at least a little spot to dig... and dig... and dig... just like you do and I know you enjoy it a lot!
Maybe next time you can dig some for me, pleeease???
Have a great monday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

3 doxies said...

What a great shot of da little paws!

It just feels my heart withs warmth to see other doxies dig. I just loves it myself...dad, not so much...hehehe! He always seems to fall in our holes.

Puddles

kalyxcorn said...

hi miss lorenza, i promise u this spring, i will be digging enough for all of us!! :) u have a great monday too! :)

hee hee, puddles, funny thing is so far i have not dog very deep holes, just wide ones. mom thinks i need to learn to stay in one spot so i can help her dig holes for gardening! :)

Anonymous said...

That close up picture of Baxtie's paws is THE BEST!
Hubba Hubba


<3
Hildy

docsdox said...

LOVE IT!

that second pix is GREAT!

ramsay hasn't learned to dig in the soil yet - mainly the snow. we'll see what the spring brings!

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee thank u hildy!

docsdox, Baxter really didn't get into digging til one day he saw me digging out some stepping stones that had gotten buried by mulch/erosion overflow. so it will be interesting to see if ramsay just up and does it on his own, or if he figures it out when wants to help his mom with digging!

Kerri said...

<3 those stubby little legs!

Anonymous said...

How I love those little Doxie whorls of fur. Kissable.

Marene&Ali