Friday, March 11, 2011

anatomy of a roll

Elephant walking
Elephant walking ArMdear diary,
well wouldn't u know mom said if me n duk duk have all this time to pull pranks on each other, then we have too much free time on our hands.  so she made us join the after school photography club.  which sorta stinks cuz me n duk duk were really gonna give the wii a workout since we haven't had new batteries for our nunchuks in like, forever. but on the other paw, we are learning all sorts of cool stuff.  like, this guy, eadweard muybridge?  he took pictures like before any of us were born, but they were special ones, cuz they captured motion like never before.  and it showed all sorts of things people had never seen, like proving that all four of a horse's hooves leave the ground when it is galloping.  his work was so cool that duk duk and i thought we might try to capture some animal motion of our own.  so this is me, doing a roll.  but i'm not sure if we learned anything, cuz, well we both knew already that my tummy's pretty pink this time of year.







but anyhow, duk duk and i still think it's a cool idea so we are going to experiment more.  like, wouldn't it be so cool to photograph making, um, bubbles in the bathtub?  i sure hope mom's camera is waterproof!

well got to run and do my chores for the day so i can play!

toodley-doo!
b.

9 comments:

Keren Hening said...

"ACK! ACK! ACK! All tha rollin' is makin me seasick! Or carpetsick! Or I dunno what-sick!" Guinness

HH and The Boys said...

I'm sorta getting a little queasy from the roll.... aren't you dizzy, Baxter.

Keep that creativity flowing... Happy weekend, pal.

pawhugs, Max

Dropped Stitch Knitter said...

That is absolutely adorable! I've never had much luck getting a doxie roll over, though.

kalyxcorn said...

whoopsie! sorry for the queasy but maybe if u throw up then your mom will feel sorry for u and u at least will get a snackie, guiness and max!! :)

hee, thank u droppped stitch knitter! me n duk duk are so gonnna do more sometime!! :)

god morning everybuddy!! :)

Willow's Mom said...

TOO cute rolly Baxter!!! Re: that cute little pink tummy.... Princess Willow the Wonder Wiener also has that wonderful pink tummy this time of year, but it turns almost black in the summer! Is that because of too much sun bathing??? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Baxter - you had me at "woof"
My heart thumps for you - Hildy

Mom is going to put your You Tube on
her Clubhouse next wednesday *woof!"

She wants you to know that we are OK - we live 2.5 miles from the Tsunami. But we are tired...

Baxromana said...

Hi Hildy, both Baxter's Mom and I are glad that you are OK. I have seen some of the video of the tsunami at Sendai and it was very frightening to watch. We are praying for you and all of the people of Japan who have been hurt by this devastating earthquake.

Baxter's Dad

kalyxcorn said...

yes miss willow's mom, my tummy turns dark too in the summer and it is totally because of the tummy tanning!! though i think this year i will try better about following miss sio's advice to use sunscreen!! :)

so glad 2 hear u are safe. things look very scary on tv, to say the least, miss nancy. : ) b

Sal said...

Baxter definitely know how to roll!
It took me more than a month to teach my dog to roll. And he can only roll to one side.