Thursday, July 21, 2011

get crafty: 0.00002 leagues under the sea photography










Hey, it's me, Baxter, your roving rover reporter reporting to you today from my very own backyard, cuz somebuddies have asked how it was we took that underwater picture of me bobbing for a carrot from yesterday. So today I am showing u the setup we used, which is quite simple really because all u really need are two stools and a glass dish with handles.  U know, for like they kind they use for baking, or in my mom's case, for dyeing silk in the microwave.  Although she has not yet used this dish for that particular purpose yet and it is still fresh and new from HomeGoods.  Which is why I could use it for bobbing for carrots.

Anyhoo all u need to do is suspend the dish between the two stools, make sure the set up is nice n sturdy, fill it with water, chop up some carrots and stick your camera under the dish and voila! But be careful not to have your camera too close to the edge of the dish unless u have a waterproof one cuz bobbing for carrots can be a very wet affair.  Like this, let me show u.




Yep all that water has to go somewhere and sometimes it goes all over the floor which might mean it could get all over your camera and that could be a big boo hoo.  So take it from me n my mom, anticipate the path of your pup's carrot bob and stay very far away from it.  Unless u have a waterproof camera, know what I mean?

Well I hope u enjoyed today's photography lesson and are inspired to make your own underwater adventure moment.  And if u do, please feel free to share your underwater pictures or a link to them on my facebook fan page so we can all see.  :)

This is Baxter your roving rover reporter wishing you the snackiest of snackies! :)

10 comments:

Pia said...

baxter, tell your mom that's such a cool idea! me and mom wondered about the picture too. but we forgot to ask. maybe my mom tries this with me too?

your mum is really awesome! :)

dachshund kisses

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

I love to bob fur Food, or Ice Cubes. It is so much fun.. and refreshing too.
You did a super job of explaining how you got the pics..

HH and The Boys said...

Thanks for the instruction. I'm gonna try to get the boys to bob for something on the weekend.... I'll let you know how it works out.

pawhugs, max

Anonymous said...

Haha, I just love the idea! I may have to use it sometime. You could probably get some fantastic photos that way! :)

Jasper + Amy said...

Great pics again Baxter!! I especially like the one w/ water all over your face. :)

Jasper did pretty good last night, he got all the carrots out of his bowl!! Although the first one took the longest because he couldn't quite figure it out:)

Amy

kalyxcorn said...

ooh pia i hope your mom does try it cuz it's so another chance for a snackie!! :)

thank u frankie! i bob for ice too but it is not nearly as yummy for me as a carrot. :)

hee hee kitties seem to use their paws for everything. i bet the boys will not even get wet!!

yes miss taylor lynn, i bet u would get some interesting photos too! :) b

Anonymous said...

Your Mommy is so super smart, creative and boy she just loves you doesn't she.

Bubble bubble toil and trouble - uh oh did I say trouble?

It is 110 here today but Ali no likey to swim. She likes sleeping in the air conditioning. She just plain likes sleepin' - like 22 hours a day. I guess at 17 she has seen and done it all. Now she just dreams. I love her so much.

Marene&Ali

kalyxcorn said...

awww miss marene, give ali a lick 4 me? :) :)

Hannalei said...

ahhhhhh me so love dat wet snootly doo! :)

Anonymous said...

OMDog---that's why the picture looks like it says GAG Me!
You and mom are pawsome!
Hugs from Kate!