Wednesday, August 10, 2011

little gardener



















Every year in the spring I am tempted by the pretty plants in the hardware store, and every time this year after we have had our run of searing hot weather and most of my purchases have failed to flourish, I am reminded why I shouldn't fall to such folly and temptation.  Save for the cherry tomato plant, which I am now convinced will be a staple on our deck for many summers to come.  And happily tended by my tiny little gardener.

mom, next year, i hope my neck will grow so long that i can harvest all my tomatoes all by myself!!   :)


5 comments:

Jasper + Amy said...

I love, love, love this pic Baxter!! Your mom sure knows how to capture your best moments:)

Anonymous said...

Hello Baxter - I love your sneaking - Hee hee
Mom's been on the mend and a little slow on chit chat . . and I am not a good typer (reminds me I got to get a mani-pedi soon) We love you and are tuned in!

XXOO Wag
Hildy & my mom...
(Hey, I see Jasper! Hi Jasper!)

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee thank u miss amy! though i think my even better moment would be if i could reach that tomato!! :) :)

i hope ur mom feels better soon hildy! u r a pretty good typer don't u worry!! :) :)

SassySashadoxie said...

Sasha here. My mommy has garden growing out of these special boxes that they got in the mail. After you get the boxes all set ups, you just got to keep the bottom full of water. She is getting big tomaters, corn, strawberries, peppers, and cucumbers. I just wished she would let us sample them. We can't reach the good stuff, but we could reach the cucumbers. She just won't let us get at them. mean mommy.

kalyxcorn said...

oooh that sounds soooo coool! maybe mom will let u build a ladder or sumptin so u can climb up and reach the goodies? or a kitty perch! :) b