Sunday, December 11, 2011

me - u = blue

With a knowing look like this, it's always difficult to leave the little kielbasa home alone.  But alas, like yesterday, when holiday shopping duties called, sometimes it has to be.  Resigned to his fate, tiny chumley's usually limber body often turns into an unwilling mass as I pick him up to say goodbye.  Dark clouds gather as he turns his head away, shunning me for the atrocity I am about to commit.

I always wonder if really gives him comfort, but every time we must part, with a giant hug and a kiss on his cheek, I tell him what I always want to be true.  Don't worry, baby dog, I will always come back for you.  I always will.  And soon everything will be right again. :)


10 comments:

Bludog said...

Bad Mommy!

Pia said...

ooooh, that's such a cute picture of you! that look in your eyes...

dachshund kisses

Keren Hening said...

Well, Baxter gets an A+ for perfecting "The L@@k." If THAT guilt doesn't get him a Pupperoni snackie, then you're just, well, just heartless. Wait - didn't Rick Perry already use that line?

;^)

Whit said...

Ooh Milo does that too...he looks so pitiful, but when I go to give him a kiss goodbye, he runs off and we run circles around the coffee table! Sometimes he gives up for a kiss, and sometimes he does not!
I think dachsies are taught how to do "THE LOOK" in the womb - they are so good at it!

HH and The Boys said...

Ohhhhhh such a sad look. I could almost get weepy looking at that beautiful picture. She will come back soon, Baxter.... Yes, she will.

pawhugs, Max

Anonymous said...

That's what we call the "puppy dog" eyes. Otto has perfected it! Makes you melt and feel guilty every time!

BTW - is it the BIG 5 tomorrow??!!??

Siol

Dachshund Nola said...

Oh those eyes! They always work!
Dachshund Nola

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee me don't understand everybuddy why that look doesn't work better than it does. i will have 2 try a new look so if anybuddy has any suggestions..and yes miss siol! me almost forgots but today u will see everybuddy else did not! :) :) thank u 4 remembering! :)

pugfish said...

OY what a face!
elissa

SassySashadoxie said...

I do that same face when my mommy leaves. She always kisses me and tells me to be good, but really I don't wants her to go without me. Hope your mommy comes back with treats. Sasha.