Saturday, June 2, 2012

can u smell the science all around me?

Beep beep boop. Beep beep boop..Why, hello my friends -  can u feel it? Can u smell the science all around me?  Can u taste it?? Cuz it's me, Baxter, your roving rover reporter reporting to you today from the confines of this very interesting and very white lab room. Which you are currently viewing on a monitor from the mom n dad waiting room.   I am here today to contribute my time and my tummy to science.  You see, some of u may remember that a couple years ago I went to the canine cognition center and I had a swell time taking tests that really didn't seem like tests at all.  In fact, they were so easy, it was like eating for free.  no work or nuttin.  And, I am glad to tell you that today's experience was just like that, only better, because the snackies just kept coming and coming and you can see in the image below that at times that I forgot all my training and did not sit or stay or anything, as excited as i was about finding the treats that they would hide under stuff.  And yet I still got snackies.  Which only makes me wonder why I have to wait and work so hard for them at home, but I guess that is a thesis I must work on for another day.

Anyhoo, these tests were a little different because they were prototypes and my participation would help refine each experiment.  And I was still fed the same if not more, which probably is why my mom didn't bother giving me lunch at all when I got home come to think of it, and to tell you the truth I didn't really even notice I did not have my usual lunch, as snackielicious as the study was.  Hard to believe, right? But the snackiefest was that fantastic.  Sorry Doctor Tushieman, but mom says I will be back on the diet wagon tomorrow and I promise I will do extra walkies to make up for it.











And I will be burning calories playing with this! My new squirrel buddy toyfriend, which I earned for my participation along with a writing pen that I let mom keep in her car cuz, well school is almost out and I do not want to see a pen again until September if u know what I mean. 

So that was my Friday, and I am Baxter your roving rover reporter wishing you a super satisfying Saturday!!

5 comments:

Heidi + Gretchen's Dad said...

Baxter: I suspect all this testing may lead to a super-secret special agent spy assignment. Saw it in a movie once. Good luck.

Bludog said...

Wow, surely you qualify for your DhP (Doggie helping Participation)!

Lovable Lily said...

We'd love to hear more about your testing as it sounds facinating!

Oh a spy assignment... I love that one!

Hugs,
Lily Belle

Lorenza said...

Baxter!
Sure it was a pawesome experience!
And you got lots of treats... in the name of the science!
Grrrreat!
Happy Saturday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Alicia said...

Oooh, we like the purple squirrel toy friend. His name is great too, "Squirrel Dude". Too cool!
Science....Baxter blinded me with science! You are so adorable and very smart, but you already know that!!

Lil buddy Oskar