Friday, August 10, 2012

lesson for a busy dachshund








dear diary,
even though i enjoy being an only dog, mom says it is good for me to hang around with other pups because i might learn a thing or two and boy was she right.  cuz, well, you see, the night before lulu's visit,  mom asked me n duk duk to tidy up the motel park n bark and put away our toys and stuff.  but since me n duk duk were busy cuz we wanted to finish playing on the wii and ended staying up til two in the morning, well, it kind of never happened.  and for the most part that was okay because well, u know, toyfriends can always be restuffed, butchoo see, i kinda sorta forgot to put something very important away.  and u can tell by my tail that this is the very moment when i realized my mistake.








yup, i forgot to put my antler away.  and u know, it was funny because i never really realized how much i really liked my antler until lulu found it on the floor and started eating it right in front of me.  and let me tell you diary, never did my antler ever look so tasty as it did when she was eating it.

 


and, as if i did not learn enough already yesterday just by watching lulu play with my antler, i learned thatchoo should never get too close to another somebody when they are eating an antler.  even if it is your antler and you forgot to put it away. 

sigh..sometimes i wish my lessons were not so hard to learn but mom says that is how u build character. i say, characters are for cartoons.

toodley-doo,
b. :)

ps - do not feel too badly for me or lulu bcuz after mom helped me hide my antler, we found mister turtle in the backyard and everybuddy forgot about that antler. well until now...mmmm antler...  :) :)


4 comments:

Lovable Lily said...

Ah yes Baxter, lessons to be learned from your story today. Butt, we think it's very sweet that you allowed LuLu to nibble on it a while. We still think you're smitten.....

Hugs,
Lily Belle

design_girl said...

Baxter your expressions in both pictures had me in hysterics. That was so nice of you to share. My Madeline would never dream of sharing without a big growlfest.

Kerri said...

The second picture cracks. me. up.

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee, lil belle, u r right. i am totally smitten with that antler now!! :) :)

hee hee, so glad to being a smile to your face miss design_girl! mom says she think i might have learned not to be too pushy about it back when i was a puppy stuck in a hoarding situation and well u know, all the bigger pups knew how to get their way but i did not want to cause any trouble. :)

miss kerri, sometimes i think i will never understand girls. which is ok bcuz u know, even though they can be your friends, they are still u know, yucky. no offence to u or my mom or anything like that. :)