Monday, March 25, 2013

tiny strawberry







i think i will never see
a fruit as lovely as a strawberry.

a berry that smells so yummy and sweet
my heart would flutter, and skip a beat.

a berry whose presence brings me delight,
no matter how small, no matter how slight.

a berry upon which my eyes would gaze,
dreaming of summer's glory days.

upon whose surface i would puncture,
savoring the sweetness of our juncture.

writing poems is great and it brings me glee,
but oh how i wish i could have
another strawberry.

- baxter, 6.25 years old :)








4 comments:

Jasper + Amy said...

Good job on the poem, Baxter!! :)

Jane said...

Baxter, that was a cute poem. I like your bib too. I guess that is in case the strawberry is too juicy. I hope it was good.

Lovable Lily said...

That was the perfect poem for the perfect strawberry!

Hugs,
Lily Belle & Muffin

kalyxcorn said...

thank u jasper n miss amy! and miss jane and lily belle! it was very very tasty! :)