Wednesday, June 17, 2015

and now a word from my stinky neighbor friend cassie










Hello my friends, it's me, Baxter, your roving rover reporter, reporting to you today about a super cool toy I was sent to review from my friends at chewy.com. Only, I could not review the toy because it is a pull toy and, well, u know, my neck and all. So, I asked my next door neighbor friends the little misses and Cassie if they would help, and lucky for me they said yes, and that they would even do it from way over there. 




















So this is Cassie. You remember Cassie, right?  Big, slobbery, panty one and a half year old girl dog who is still learning how to stand over there?  This is what she looks like when she thinks she is going to get a snackie.

















And this is what she looks like when she is actually going to get a snackie, which happens to be piece of her gimungous kibble, which I really admire.  The size of her kibble I mean.  Not her. Although she is not bad for a friend who is a girl. Anyhow you can tell she really really really wants that snackie because she is doing her best perky ears and sit.  Remember that because we will get back to that in a moment.


















Now this is the very cool toy Cassie will be reviewing.  It is a Kong Rope Squezz. I forgot to measure it before Cassie slobbered all over it but here you can see how it compares to the piece of paper I used to print the review form I made for Cassie to fill out.  The Kong Rope toy is made from a nice woven rope and I would say mid grade durable bitey parts (less durable than a Kong Toy but more durable than a toyfriend) and a cushioney handle.  Overall I'd say based on these materials, it is meant to be an interactive, actively supervised toy and not one u just let your dog chew on and destroy in a minute, because u know, that's what toyfriends are for.










So back to Cassie and her review.  This is Cassie when u squeak the ballie part of the tug toy.  Yep, I'd say she really really really really wants it, dontchoo? Cuz she totally has her snackie face on.   So as Khan would say, "shall we begin?"






Cassie and the little misses played tug and toss and tug, tug, tug for almost and hour and even though the little misses were very tired, Cassie had so much fun that you could tell she would have very much liked to have played longer. 
.

So here are the pros of the Kong Rope Squezz:
1) Soft cushioned handle for the human side allows for extended playing time
2) Easy to grab squeaky ball for dog side
3) If your dog is a hanger on like Cassie is and you need to do some bicep curls, then u pretty much can do your arm workout and play with your dog at the same time
4) It is heavy enough to be chucked pretty far in the yard if u want some rest in between tugs of war
5) Super for any dog who likes interactive play, and does not have to worry about neck or spine issues.

And the cons?
1) As with any tug toy, probably not the best thing for a weenie dog to play with as a tug toy. 
2) Probably not the best use of toy money for a dog that would prefer to just kill a toy (like moi) rather than be in a tug of war with it. 

And how would little miss Julia rate it?


So that's it my friends. If you know a dog that likes their toys on the tuggier side of things, then this toy is definitely for them. And if you happen to order yours from chewy.com, it will get to your house in a flash.  This is Baxter your roving rover reporter wishing you the most wonderful of Wednesdays :)

1 comments:

Bludog said...

glad that Cassie comes in handy for something. NOWSTANDOVERTHERE!