Tuesday, August 25, 2009

fiddling with my roof

dear diary,
well i guess the pupperazzi did catch me in the store after all and now my mom says i have to set the story straight before everything gets out of hand. but i don't even have hands so i don't know what she's talkin about. plus i was playin with Ropey today and he didn't even mention talkin to the press. what up wit dat?

anyway that whole pupperazzi thing has gotta wait cuz check this out - i'm all set to go on my morning walk yesterday and i find this in our driveway. then just as i turn the corner to finish my walk, i see my house and there's all these guys there with ladders. so i start barkin at them as soon as i see them, which is like a hundred feet away cause i want them to know that i'm on to them, ya know? anyway the whole day there was poundin and whackin and goodness knows what goin on outside cuz it sounded like they were walkin on my head. mom says they're roofers and i have to be nice to them cuz they're coming back today. all i want to know is, i wonder if they'll bring me a snack for being such a good boy.

well i guess i should go and think about what to do about this pupperazzi thing. i think i'll have to chew on it some more.

toodles,
b.

7 comments:

Alicia said...

Looks familiar Baxter. Oskar supervised our new roof back in June, and you are, shall we say, right on top of it! Tell the guys to pick up all the nails so nobody gets hurt.

Marene and Ali said...

Not sure where to send this but here. Looks like Baxter has some mighty fine duds. I noticed he has a variety of halters. Do you make those, sell those, or have a pattern for sale. They are so good looking. Love the hat with the ruffles too. Perhaps Baxter is into vintage fabrics. Some one has goooood taste.
When do we get to see Baxter dance again. Even if it is the same dance, it is so perfect. What a runway model he would make - Baxter dancing in his latest outfit.

kalyxcorn said...

hiya! yes the guys are supposed to do a full magnet sweep but i still want to do a looksy before we let Baxter loose again in the backyard. i coulnd't believe how much debris comes off a roof!

i do make baxter's harnesses and have sloooowly been working to build an etsy site for various handcrafted doggie and human temptations. there's actually a fair amount of prep that goes into all that so it's been a work in process, and that's just to set up the store. then there's the whole making stuff for it and the debate of whether or not I offer adjustable versions or custom fitted ones (the look of which I prefer, but which requires me to experiment to get the pattern sizing correct. but stay tuned! if anyone has a baxter sized doggie i can probably slip in a custom order before all this etsy stuff gets online.

i made the template I used for baxter's harness from one we borrowed from his adoption rep. back then you couldn't find a pattern from the main sewing companies, but now there are a couple of options that I mention in an earlier post. The patterns are not bound with bias tape as I do with the ones for Baxter, but if you click on Thigpen Drive's blog, you'll see the results are still just as dandy.

oh yeah, dancing viddys. it's on the todo list for sure. i think for when it gets slightly cooler so we can do it on the deck cause floor space seems non-existent at the moment with the housework. thanks for being such a fan of his dancing!! :)

whew. sorry for such a long comment post! check back soon cause i have a post coming up of goodies I recently made.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
You are going to have a very interesting time with the roofers at your house!
Noisy! Noisy!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Christy said...

I was just about to comment on Baxter's lovely harnesses and see that someone else has beat me to it. They really are dapper.

Bludog said...

I believe miss Molly (red snausage) is just about Baxter's size ... so if there were any harnesses particularly appropriate to a plump red lady of a certain age, she might be interested!

PS - I am not calling Baxter plump, just to be clear. Molly is a smaller dog in height and length, but has filled out her girth rather nicely ;-)

kalyxcorn said...

Oh I've been dying to make a girly one! Let's talk once I'm done with my labor day show. I need to find a site where you can see where I need her measurements and would love to see pics of her for more inspiration!
I'll set up a contact me thingy on the right...