Friday, November 6, 2009

the jig is up

Baxter was his usual helper self yesterday, the day of his homecoming. Squirrels danced in the trees while we took last minute pictures of things I had made the night before. Another fine day according to the Book of Kielbasa, til the little boy caught sight of me packing my clothes and car for today's journey.

Oh FUDGE, his face proclaimed, channeling his best Ralphie face. I gave all that help just so you could LEAVE me?





And so the jig was up. We have a ritual whenever we leave the house and kielbasa can't come with us. Just before putting him upstairs in his crate, Dad holds our boy high so I can give him a kiss, and Baxter snubs me, witholding the lick that he is otherwise so generous to give. My punishment, which I so richly deserve. How dare we ever leave our little buddy behind?

3 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
I give my mom "the look" everytime she goes out without me! She feels guilty... but leaves me behind anyway!
Happy friday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

AmyM said...

The doxie look - the best ever! He should be miffed - how can you manage a thing without him?

Taffy said...

I do the same thing when I get left behind. Daddy tries to give me a kiss and I turn my head as far away as I can but then.....he whips out a treat and makes me kiss him to get it!
Snuggles,
Twix