Friday, March 18, 2011

wakey wakey



 




Of all the guilty pleasures I hold in my repertoire, there is nothing more guilty or satisfying than that of disturbing my poor sleepy little boyfriend when he is burrowed deep under cover of blankie.  Peeling back the covers as if opening a much anticipated Christmas present, and finding my toasty little sleepy sausage dog inside. Watching tiny chumley blink blink blink as his eyes adjust to the bright light, and giving him a big fat kiss on his warm furry cheek before returning him to his peace. 

Most of the time, when the little kielbasa finds himself so rudely disturbed, he groggily puts up with the fuss and waits til his blankies are replaced so he can go back to sleepy slumberland.  But some days like yesterday, he slowly rouses himself with a stretch and a yawn, and a very very hopeful gaze.

gee mom, did u maybe wake me up for a little snackie or sumptin?

9 comments:

wanlai2001 said...

Oh...I just love his cute face...cuteness overload!

Jordan said...

Ohmygosh, this is too cute!!

HH and The Boys said...

I'm lovin' the picture... Baxter, you are so lucky to sleep under my favorite quilt. I've seen that quilt in other pictures, and I watch out for it every time I visit your blog. Love it......Dream about it!

pawhugs, Max

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee, thank u miss wanlai2001 and miss springshowers! mom says it is my wake up face!!

hello max! maybe sometime we can sleep under it together! :)

good morning world! :) b

Bart said...

There's nothing like a roasty sausage all wrapped up and snoozing, is there?! In our house, it's the little piglet in a blanket...

Dropped Stitch Knitter said...

I feel the exact same way when I have to unwrap my doxie. And she has the same look on her face too :)

Lorenza said...

Your "you woke me up rudely" face is adorable, Baxter!
Mine is grumpy sometimes!
Happy friday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Kerri said...

There's something super squishy kissable about a sleeping doxie's face! And then the face isn't too far away from those smoochable paws ...

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee, i think that's miss queen piglet in a blanket, miss bartbludog!!

i just visited your blog miss dropped stitch knitter and your doxie is soooo cute!! :)

aww, i bet your grumpy face is still very very cute, lorenza!!

mom is always smoochin on my paws - what up wit dat, miss kerri??

:) b